motion pro maintenance

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mymax04

Reaction score
so I found my sync tool that had been sitting in a box for 2 years, probly been hot and cold a couple of times & its clear that it need fluid added. so I find some methenol (figured it would work since its blue and not just water) and added it in proper spot but when I slid the tube back down in the base it pushed the fluid up into the tube... what am I missing? anyone had to work on their tool?

so I found my sync tool that had been sitting in a box for 2 years, probly been hot and cold a couple of times & its clear that it need fluid added. so I find some methenol (figured it would work since its blue and not just water) and added it in proper spot but when I slid the tube back down in the base it pushed the fluid up into the tube... what am I missing? anyone had to work on their tool?

mine did that too.....i took them apart and added more fluid. you can substitute marvel mystery oil....but yull need to clean em out and dont mix em. if you open the sync screws all the way it should make all the fluid retun to the resivoir"s....when you store it open the screws all the way,

Last edited:
yep I screwed them all the way in & slid the tubes back down in their holes & then screwed them back out & it pulled the fluid bck down in like it was supposed to... I dont know what the fluid is supposed to be but the blue methenol that we have (cocentrated?) for washer fluid worked & acts exactly the same as the old fluid that was in there... thanks for the reply

yep I screwed them all the way in & slid the tubes back down in their holes & then screwed them back out & it pulled the fluid bck down in like it was supposed to... I dont know what the fluid is supposed to be but the blue methenol that we have (cocentrated?) for washer fluid worked & acts exactly the same as the old fluid that was in there... thanks for the reply

idk what it is either,,,,i had an extra botttle i got off ebay last summer...i think it cost 5 bux.....enuff to refill it 3 times prolly

I'm using Marvel Mystery Oil in mine. If you get all the tubes equal, works great but it is a RPITA getting to that point. I should just buy a Carb Tune.........

I'm using Marvel Mystery Oil in mine. If you get all the tubes equal, works great but it is a RPITA getting to that point. I should just buy a Carb Tune.........

I love the Carb Tune. It's easy to use and accurate. I once chased mercury across the kitchen floor when my old stick tipped over. My wife missed out on that episode. Good thing for me.
Steve-o

well one thing is fer shure. a good carb tuner is a neccesity for a vmax owner:biglaugh:

I love the Carb Tune. It's easy to use and accurate. I once chased mercury across the kitchen floor when my old stick tipped over. My wife missed out on that episode. Good thing for me.
Steve-o

The State of Florida shut-down a dorm at Florida Atlantic University 18 years ago because a student took mercury out of a lab & spilled it on the floor of his dorm. The decon team went-in fully encapsulated to do a haz-mat containment & mitigation.
http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/19...eminole-hall-students-identities-two-students

They took four pounds of it and left it various places around campus.

Boca Raton also was the site of another notorious haz-mat incident. Anyone recall w/o googling?

Back