Motion Pro running really high

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caleb_M

Reaction score
Hi all! Question about the motion pro carb sync tool. I'm using the # 08-0411. I was trying to sync them today, got the bike warmed up attached the tool, but the fluid damn near goes to the top of all the meters. In some of the vids I've checked the meters only seems to be going about 3/4 up.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? Very confused.

Did you follow instructions?? Did you calibrate the tool to one carb? U turn the screws in all the way to start. Then turn them till the fluid is even on all four coming off one carb. Thats what the adapter attached to tool is for. And are the restricors there in the lines? I just installed new fluid in mine because I didnt follow directions hahaha atleast its cheap enought.

https://www.google.com/search?redir...oc#hl=en-US&q=motion+pro+sync+tool+directions

First result is PDF download.

http://www.toolsource.com/restrictor-jets-syncpro-p-103380.html

http://www.toolsource.com/syncpro-manometer-fluid-refill-p-103381.html

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I followed the directions exactly as they said. Calibrated the tool, but even that was getting pretty close to peaking the meter. Restrictors are in, so I have no clue.

What RPM you running the bike at? Honestly havent used mine yet on my VMAX. only my FZR1000 I sold. Ill try my vmax this week. I wanted to check it anyway

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Funny enough I havent used mine in a couple of years and tried this last weekend with the same results. Waiting on new fluid to test again. I know prior to this time it worked like a charm, but now I've added a morley jetkit and full exhaust. I know my idle was up around 1100rpms. I will be trying again once I get the new fluid and clean it all up to reset things. Probably wont be until the weekend.

Hi all! Question about the motion pro carb sync tool. I'm using the # 08-0411. I was trying to sync them today, got the bike warmed up attached the tool, but the fluid damn near goes to the top of all the meters. In some of the vids I've checked the meters only seems to be going about 3/4 up.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? Very confused.

Never liked the Motion Pro for that reason. I have one and it sits on the shelf collecting dust. Over 100 buck for a POS :bang head:

I use the home made FrankenSync. It works great and costs about $10 bucks to make.

Years ago, I had one that used mercury and it worked great, but unfortunately you can't replace the mercury anymore.

Mike

I'm with you there. Their old Mercury one was awesome.....looking to go digital now...

Never liked the Motion Pro for that reason. I have one and it sits on the shelf collecting dust. Over 100 buck for a POS :bang head:

I use the home made FrankenSync. It works great and costs about $10 bucks to make.

Years ago, I had one that used mercury and it worked great, but unfortunately you can't replace the mercury anymore.

Mike

Morgan Carbtune. Do search on Carbtune. Best sync tool I have ever used. Been syncing carbs since the 70's including my CBX (6 carbs).

Just use a dial vacuum at any parts store. Tie a knot in the line but don't collapse all the way. Hook the dial up to the Number 2 carb. Start the bike the needle will be move really fast up and down. That is OK just starting making the knot smaller to where you begin to slow the needle down to where it moves only so slightly up and down. Once you do that see where the gauge sits at while running this is your starting point. Repeat for cylinders 1, 3, & 4 in this order & you are done. Nano meters home made can be found on u tube but once again dial vacuum gauge for under 30 bucks will work just fine. Also not you look for the average your bike pulls not an exact number. I tune my carbs in under 5 mins. If you want proof I do a video in real time & show you easy easy no big expensive gauges needed.

Update: I serviced mine rinsing out and new fluild. Calibrated it and sync'd up the carbs easy enough.....I'm good to go.

If yours is running high, make sure you put in the restrictors in each line on the carb hookup side.
Funny enough I havent used mine in a couple of years and tried this last weekend with the same results. Waiting on new fluid to test again. I know prior to this time it worked like a charm, but now I've added a morley jetkit and full exhaust. I know my idle was up around 1100rpms. I will be trying again once I get the new fluid and clean it all up to reset things. Probably wont be until the weekend.

I did and mine ran very high also. I wasn't able to get them to calibrate evenly. When I was trying to adjust them the 3 tube stayed higher. I will see if I can get some more fulid and try it again. I also noticed if idling about 1K or lower it pulls way higher in the tubes. my #2 tub pulled tons of bubbles up. Making me very unsure of what I was doing was correct. I got the carbs tuned but it was a long process trying to get everything to the same level.... I haven't gone out on a road test since putting in Jet kit, yet. Waiting on Fork Seals also...

I use the Motion Pro also. Other than keeping extra blue liquid, it works fine. 1) the tiny brass restrictors must be inserted into each rubber line. 2) manual asks to connect to #2 carb during calibration. 3) all screws must be in the out position before calibrating. NOTE: there should be around 10mm (1Cm) of free air in each glass before anything is connected.

At 1:34 into this video explains this in detail.. Hope this helps..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nwP6R1P58A

Latest posts

Back