Motivation to wear your gear

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep! That's why my fiance and me WILL NOT get on the bike without helmet, gloves, jeans ( I know I know), boots past the ankles, and a riding jacket.

Chris

I think Im about to be sick...That stuff is very to the point.Im the kinda guy that wears ATG ATT (all the gear, all the time) and Im glad I do,especially right now.Im ganna save this to show new riders that wont listen to me about their gear being inproper

Ug. Ok, I've got a good helmet and a decent armored jacket, but I don't wear gloves or boots. What gloves/boots do you guys wear? Any recommendations?

Def some nasty injuries.... Now I need to go boot shopping... I hate shopping...

Well it depends on my riding but I own 2 pairs of Alpine Star boots. A racing style and a cruiser style. The racing style are VERY restrictive when walking but that isn't an issue when riding.

The cruising style are so tight on my Achilles tendon that it actually causes HUGE issues with it.

So... I tend to wear over the ankle leather boots on the max.

Chris

My dad is a surgeon and mom a nurse. I have been riding thirty years. I still hear it from them to wear my helmet etc. Stop riding being the biggest admoniton. I am guilty of squid like gear use. Living in Florida it's hot but I wear my gear with much more regularity than I used to. I used the excuse of money for not being outfitted right but know that there is pleny of inexpensive (not cheap) everything from boots to gloves. My old lady thinks it's ok to ride with sandals. I just won't allow it! Ya get in a good enough wreck you're gonna hurt anyway. But why risk the pain and suffering of a light crash with no protection. I am sure all of you have seen the pro roadracers get off at high speed and skid for a few miles. They grab their bike and try to take off if there is anything left of it. Their bodies aren't impervious,it's good gear! Besides Vmaxes don 't crash , they are just being re-modded.

Well it depends on my riding but I own 2 pairs of Alpine Star boots. A racing style and a cruiser style. The racing style are VERY restrictive when walking but that isn't an issue when riding.

The cruising style are so tight on my Achilles tendon that it actually causes HUGE issues with it.

So... I tend to wear over the ankle leather boots on the max.

Chris
I certainly understand the importance of the 'proper' boot for your bike.... We just purchased my wife a good pair of riding boots, she needs an over the ankle pair for the motorcycle safety course. Anywho, she wanted to try them out before the course so we went over to the coliseum parking lot to practice. My first indicator should have been when she struggled to get her feet ONTO the pegs with the boots on.... Sadly, while practicing her figure 8, she went slightly off balance, went to put her foot down, the tread on her boot got caught on the peg and down and over she went.... I ordered the replacement signal light Friday night.... :(

Yeah most if not all motorcycle specific boots have no tread. They look like wrestling shoes.

Yeah most if not all motorcycle specific boots have no tread. They look like wrestling shoes.
Ya, the one's she picked up are for a cruiser not a sport bike.... considering she's riding a ZX6R... she now has a new pair of winter boots.... lol

Defiantly sobering! I've seen my brother after his big crash and 3 smaller ones, not a pretty sight. I always wear ATGATT.
FF helmet: Vemar VTXE
Armored jacket: Joe Rocket Sonic
Armored gloves: Power Trip Grand National (summer) and Alpinestars Storm Rider (cold weather)
Riding boots: Alpinestars Ridge
I need to get some riding pants though, thinking of Tourmaster Caliber as budget is limited.
Do they have a 'fat' section? I love to walk into a clothing store and ask where the big and fat section is :rofl_200: I'm over weight, so I'm not making fun of anyone but myself.

"I'm in a job that deals a lot with medicine (and trauma and door kicking)."

Sounds like my job. :punk: I did one of these 'rotations' in Richmond, Virginia. While there I saw two motorcycle accidents. The first one was a single guy on his Harley vs. a big truck. Thankfully be was wearing his helmet or he'd be dead. He was still in bad shape, but we got him patched up pretty good.

The second accident boggles my mind to this day. :ummm: Guy comes in from a relatively slow speed accident on his bike. He's wearing shorts, t-shirt, no helmet, and tennis shoes. He's mostly fine, a little road rash on his leg and elbow/forearm. But his right shoe is bloody. The shoe is intact with a good scuff mark on the outside. Patient was complaining of pain in this foot, by the way. I cut the laces and part of the shoe and remove the shoe. The sock is completely soaked in blood. I cut off the sock. His foot was split right down the middle. The split was between the second and third toe and ran about four inches.

I wish I had pics to share with you guys, but I don't. Anyway, moral of all stories. All the gear, all the time.

"I'm in a job that deals a lot with medicine (and trauma and door kicking)."

Sounds like my job. :punk: I did one of these 'rotations' in Richmond, Virginia. While there I saw two motorcycle accidents. The first one was a single guy on his Harley vs. a big truck. Thankfully be was wearing his helmet or he'd be dead. He was still in bad shape, but we got him patched up pretty good.

The second accident boggles my mind to this day. :ummm: Guy comes in from a relatively slow speed accident on his bike. He's wearing shorts, t-shirt, no helmet, and tennis shoes. He's mostly fine, a little road rash on his leg and elbow/forearm. But his right shoe is bloody. The shoe is intact with a good scuff mark on the outside. Patient was complaining of pain in this foot, by the way. I cut the laces and part of the shoe and remove the shoe. The sock is completely soaked in blood. I cut off the sock. His foot was split right down the middle. The split was between the second and third toe and ran about four inches.

I wish I had pics to share with you guys, but I don't. Anyway, moral of all stories. All the gear, all the time.
I'm glad you DON'T have pics to show! Ewwwww

Do they have a 'fat' section? I love to walk into a clothing store and ask where the big and fat section is :rofl_200: I'm over weight, so I'm not making fun of anyone but myself.
Well, I wouldn't be accused of being a skinny guy either. Newenough.com has a lot of great gear at good prices with excellent customer service.

Guess I should shine the old helmet up.... for the past 2 years i've been wearing leather,gloves,jeans and boots. NO HELMET. I won't ever ride my bike again without it. Thanks for the reality pics. Guess I needed to see that. :bang head:

Guess I should shine the old helmet up.... for the past 2 years i've been wearing leather,gloves,jeans and boots. NO HELMET. I won't ever ride my bike again without it. Thanks for the reality pics. Guess I needed to see that. :bang head:
I'm happy you came to your sense :clapping:None of those photo's look like much fun eh? :rofl_200:

Back