Motoamerica Racing illegal

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the part where I would produce an angry rant about the heavy-handed overreach of government. Little things like gun control, Imminent Domain, health insurance, Education, family planning/marriage, sexual behavior, excessive wage confiscation/out of control spending, Free enterprise, Free trade, medical treatments, medical research and these are just a few of the high points. The list goes on and on. This EPA legislation should be no surprise and another step in the wrong direction. Completely deregulating NASCAR events would be a step in the right direction.

One day my kids will sit with their grandchildren and tell them about the glory days of America. Once Upon a Time you could legally drive (yes, on the street) licensed vehicles not limited to 125hp, wed outside your race/gender or choose not to wed at all, watch movies depicting firearm combat and street racing, buy TUMS without a cost prohibitive Rx, maintain an IRA safe from seizure, hunt/shoot, wear a crucifix in plain view outside your clothing, own an actual functional firearm, the good ol' days when a warrant was still necessary and due process was still a thing. Sounds crazy, doesnt it?
:ummm:

Yep....its surprising what all the government can do if it WANTS to.

Yes it is....surprising and damn scary! But it's all there cast in stone....don't think it's much of a stretch to interpret this phrase to put 99.9% of us on this forum in violation:

it is not permissible to remove a motor vehicle or motor vehicle engine from its certified configuration regardless of the purpose for doing so

What was that fine again.....:ummm:

Oh yeah, $37,500 per violation! And if it's interpreted as it was when I was underground tank testing, once you're cited it's considered a separate violation for EACH day of non compliance.... that's roughly 1/4 Mill per week!!

Of course the EPA realizes this is unreasonable and will generally reach a pre-litigation settlement.....usually every penny you have or will ever earn!

Yes it is....surprising and damn scary! But it's all there cast in stone....don't think it's much of a stretch to interpret this phrase to put 99.9% of us on this forum in violation:

it is not permissible to remove a motor vehicle or motor vehicle engine from its certified configuration regardless of the purpose for doing so

What was that fine again.....:ummm:

Oh yeah, $37,500 per violation! And if it's interpreted as it was when I was underground tank testing, once you're cited it's considered a separate violation for EACH day of non compliance.... that's roughly 1/4 Mill per week!!

Of course the EPA realizes this is unreasonable and will generally reach a pre-litigation settlement.....usually every penny you have or will ever earn!

Yep....exactly. One of the roles that I due with industrial safety, is shipping of industrial waste. We had learned it that you can be fined 37500 PER day, PER incident.

Ever looked at something flammable? You will have the fire diamond...that says 1993 on it. If that diamond has been turned sideways to where its now a square...5000 fine right off the top. For a sticker that has been placed incorrectly.

The EPA rule, where diesels can't idle more than 5 minutes has kicked me in the teeth a few times. The new trucks we rent now and then have automatic shutoffs at 5 minutes. When the temps are below freezing and the windshield are frosted over, I have no way to properly defrost the truck before use. We had several dead batteries, because were working on the highway and have to leave the lights on for DOT saftey. If you keep the truck running, it shuts off in 5 minutes, and kills the battery much faster with the key left on. We had to figure all this stuff out because we didn't know the truck would shut itself off at first. We tried everything we could to bypass the auto shutoff. We push on the brake pedal with a stick. A stick on the gas pedal, Set the cruise control. None of it worked. I finally figured out a way to keep it running on it's own. It was an automatic, so I had to leave it in gear, with the air brake on. That's safe:damn angry: We used them for crash protection for workers, and to make it correct, I had to be unsafe about it. Thanks EPA:bang head:

The EPA rule, where diesels can't idle more than 5 minutes has kicked me in the teeth a few times. The new trucks we rent now and then have automatic shutoffs at 5 minutes. When the temps are below freezing and the windshield are frosted over, I have no way to properly defrost the truck before use. We had several dead batteries, because were working on the highway and have to leave the lights on for DOT saftey. If you keep the truck running, it shuts off in 5 minutes, and kills the battery much faster with the key left on. We had to figure all this stuff out because we didn't know the truck would shut itself off at first. We tried everything we could to bypass the auto shutoff. We push on the brake pedal with a stick. A stick on the gas pedal, Set the cruise control. None of it worked. I finally figured out a way to keep it running on it's own. It was an automatic, so I had to leave it in gear, with the air brake on. That's safe:damn angry: We used them for crash protection for workers, and to make it correct, I had to be unsafe about it. Thanks EPA:bang head:

When I was a towtruck operator I would frequently perform tricky recoveries, sometimes taking hours, often while winching momentum is a very real factor and an engine cutting off the PTO could have potentially dire consequences. On several occasions 2-3 trucks would be involved in a nasty recovery. I'm trying to imagine what it would have been like if each operator had to return to his truck to kick it back on every 5 minutes. Unsafe barely touches the surface of that one. Maybe exempting service vehicles would make to much sense. Does this regulation follow ambulance services to? Fire trucks?

The trucks we were using were freightliners. I do know there is a 5 minute Idling law, but I don't know about exemptions. Also, If the trucks we were using didn't shut off automatically, I wouldn't even give it a thought about leaving it running. There are also companies that like the auto shut off, so they can save on fuel costs. Screw the driver.

A fart in a hurricane! Think it was the Mt Penitubo eruption in '91 that emitted something like 50 years worth of greenhouse gasses in that one single event!

But some Junior Jerk at the EPA thinks an idling diesel is the real problem! :jerk it:

Latest posts

Back