Motocross pegs, brake pedal and stone guard

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maxorel

Reaction score
Changing it up a bit from the norm...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 155
Tweaked shifter side

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 114
Thanks guys. The concept was eventually that the bike would become olive drab and black, offroad-ish meets MadMax, meets Mil-Spec..

I went with motocross kit as well. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431218658.762662.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431218743.876505.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431218684.942994.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431218684.942994.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 77
Thanks Maxorel. I saw your master cylinder/valve spring return and knew we were thinking alike. Mine is a titanium inner spring out of a KTM SXS head.

I dig the moto set-up you did too. I am actually going to swap my pegs out for Pro-Taper platforms like yours. I am just looking for a way to keep the adjustability I have now. I have a few things modeled in SolidWorks but no final design yet.

The pegs are shown here about 5" forward from stock. I've been running the last 500 miles with them up 1" and 1" back from the photos. I've got no chicken strips and haven't dragged a peg yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha- I found this stainless spring to be perfect in a Mopar manifold repair kit at an auto parts store. I used to run valve springs as well back in the day on all of my racebikes.

I found the pegs on Ebay for $15 and only needed mild grinding/cutting to fit with new spacers and springs.

The brake pedal toe piece is taken from a Yamaha Raptor foot brake lever

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 59
Back