Motor free spin

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newride88

Reaction score
Hi guys,
went for a ride on the weekend and noticed on most occasions when the Vboost kicked in I was getting a free spinning in the gearbox(?) rather then getting the power to the wheel. First thought was clutch slipping though I thought I'd run it past the experts... any other possible issues?
Note: gear changes etc are all fine in any gear at any speed, down and up.

Thanks in advance, logging off now to get some sleep, thought I'd throw the question out there first.
Cheers

What gears were you in? You could possibly be spinning the wheel. the clutch is the next logical conclusion. A bad clutch shows itself well in the higher gears.

Thinking it was most likely 3rd / 4th, though I think there was a 2nd gear in there too.
If it's the clutch, is it best to replace as factory or is there a better alternative?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How full is the fluid? It only needs to be halfway up the sight glass. If its too full, it will expand and put pressure on the clutches.

I vote clogged relief hole in reservoir. Get a tiny needle or guitar string and relieve the pressure built up by the fluid not being able to get back in through the gunk when you release the lever.

Latest posts

Back