Motorcycle Collections

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always thought Evel only rode Harleys and triumphs. Now I know.
The Evel Knievel Museum in KS is where that pic is from, unfortunately, they don't have hardly-anything online from there. That's a disappointment, because I believe people would be encouraged to see things in-person if there was more content online.

I've posted before about Evel renting a luxury vintage yacht during his time in Florida, someone I know, her husband and she owned a sister ship to the one Evel had leased. I don't recall the exact specs, but they were in the style of a 1930's Stephens yacht, lots of enclosed cabin space done in stained wood, with a white hull, a near-vertical bow, fifty feet if it was an inch, and I think the pair were considerably-longer. Evel supposedly kept it for less than a year, and when he handed it back, it had significant damage and he was sued by the owners.

One fine day, Evel was cruising the Intracoastal Waterway, south of Ft. Lauderdale, and he came-to a bridge which didn't open according to Evel's needs. He pulled the yacht to the seawall and grabbed a baseball bat, and headed to the bridgetender's house where he proceeded to fracture the bridgetender's arm. He went to jail for that one. He was an idiot, because the bridge can cycle up/down in usually a few minutes, so he wasn't really delayed any great amount of time, until he was sent to jail. He also attacked with a baseball bat, a jump promoter, who won a $12 million+ judgement against him. Perhaps Knievel should have tried out for MLB?

Johnny Knoxville did a documentary on Knievel, and he said Knievel's career and life was described as being, "fast, faster, and disaster." Knievel's last wife said he was, "a man, who when he was down, got back-up."

That's a lot about him I didn't know.
I try to find interesting info on topics here, and Evel Knievel was a very-popular personality especially in the 1970's, his merchandising was more-successful than some of the other figures in the spotlight at the time, who craved recognition and adulation, but who found-out all their money couldn't buy them the adulation and popular public acclaim that so-easily came-to Evel Knievel. He was a master of self-promotion who maintained a place before the public eye envied by others who also sought the spotlight, but who were sorely-lacking in Evel's 'everyman' countenance. Money cannot 'buy-everything.' Character helps, and Evel was 'a character.'

Watters World.png

Last edited:
I did know that he had a rep as a bully. That takes alot from his legacy to me. Still a fan though. I am also a fan of his kid Robbie. He never got the credit he deserved. Always in Evels shadow.

I did know that he had a rep as a bully. That takes alot from his legacy to me. Still a fan though. I am also a fan of his kid Robbie. He never got the credit he deserved. Always in Evels shadow.
Ya think multiple assaults using a baseball bat makes him a bully?

You're right.

I don't think it makes him a bully. It makes him unhinged and violent. Bullies are all mouth and target those that they perceive as weak. Being of shorter stature and a bit shy in my youth I had the pleasure of encountering a few. Never lasted long.
If an individual activly attacks others he is a bully. And possibly a psychopath. Either way evel fit the profile.

If an individual activly attacks others he is a bully. And possibly a psychopath. Either way evel fit the profile.
Bullys dont always stop. Sometimes they comtinue into hyperaggressive extremely violent acts. Beating a guy who annoyed evel qualifies him as scum. Bully . Psychopath. His stock is dropping fast with me!

My rides getting some sun:
GMhv8LG.jpg
20210619_150759.jpg

Last edited:
I almost hate to swivel back to my buddy at work whose collection of antiques prompted me to start this thread, but I actually found the shot of his 1928 Scout that I couldn't locate when I started the thread. Recall this one is accompanied in his garage by a 1917 Thor, '31 Henderson, and a "modern" '47 Knucklehead.

We all have our favored parking spaces at work and as you can see, the Indian along with the Henderson marks his spot well...

20201120_131532.jpg

He better watch-out the social justice warriors will be after him for polluting Mother Earth like-that!

The 101 Scout was the bike from World's Fastest Indian. The one to-have is a 'Big-Base' model, with its racing engine components, in 1948 Floyd Emde won the Daytona 200 on a 648 Big Base. The Big-Base engines were first built just-before WW II, and then after it. Early pre-war ones had sand-cast engine cases (like the K0 Honda 750-4 first-year bikes!) and the later ones had die-cast cases. Both made use of scrapers to scavenge the crank flywheels of excess oil which also prevented engine oil foaming, which maintained its lubrication properties.

Last edited:
Here's a shot which shows the influence of Evel Kinevel on the youth of his time in the spotlight. The kid on the bike was probably the envy of his neighborhood riding partners, even-if he did carry a bit-more weight to the trails and vacant lots where he and his buddies rigged-up scrap-wood and dirt jumps, to practice their best Evel Kinevel maneuvers. Maybe even a Roger De Coster 'cross-up.'

It's a bit grainy, but I had to blow it up so you could easily-see how-happy the chubster was in his mom-made Evel suit. I think he's removed the cape, because he's ready to get-down to business. I'd guess it's from about 1973-'74. The bike looks like a K0 SL70, probably several years old when this pic was taken of that happy l'il fella. With its street lighting intact, and what appears to be a license plate, dear ol' dad probably used the bike a bit, too, or perhaps an older brother old-enough to legally be on the road. From the decent knobbies on it, I think it may-have been used more-for the off-road than it was for road use.

On my Yamaha 360 Enduro, which I rode back and forth to work, a Metzler 4.50 X 18" rear knobby would last me about two months. When I first spooned it on, the tire would conquer any sand/gravel pit I frequented, in SW MI. As the center of the tire wore-down, so too would go its hill-conquering abilities, as it also lost the square edge to the knobbies in the middle of the rear tread. I tried cutting them square again, using a single-edged Gillette blade in a pair of Vise-Grips, and then a 14 t.p.i. hacksaw blade, but the time to '*^$#! it's rounded-off again!' convinced me to use more-throttle, and try to carry more-speed to climb those walls of sand/gravel. That, and budget for another Metzler knobby. That worn rear knobby riding on the streets made for some exciting cornering in its worn condition, especially on wet pavement. It was akin to a "Dark Side" experience, and I'm not-speaking of the Barnabas Collins vampire tv show.

Evel Kinevel as a kid.png

I just-realized something astounding: in his prime, Evel Knievel was more-popular a figure than the Kardashians of today! All of them! And, he didn't need to-make a 'sex-tape' to do it! His trips to the doctor weren't for nose-jobs, collagen implants, boob-jobs, and plastic surgery, they were to the orthopedic surgeon to knit his shattered musculoskeletal system back-together, so he could perform again.

Last edited:
These Are not only Bikes emotion For all bike Rider . I love to Rides Bike . I have a Sports Bike 150cc. My Country Is Allow 165cc Bike Only. That's Why Higher Cc bike is just my dream. If anyone see My bike Just Click here suzuki gixxer sf price in bangladesh

Thanks Everyone
That sucks. Would you want to own a Vmax if your country allows it?

Bangladesh was the answer to one of the topics on the USA tv show Jeopardy last night. Jeopardy is a quiz show where people can win large sums of money by knowing many different subjects.

Ride safely our Asian member, I hope you have at-least a helmet.

I'd say that someone owning a Brough Superior JAP engined bike, and a Crocker has a collection.

Someone with a bunch of Hyosung singles and twins has a collection, just not a valuable one. However, if the collection has one like this, at least he's having fun (made by my friends at their shop, and HP output on a dyno was within a few horsepower of a stock VMax, and probably 160 lbs lighter).

turbo.02.jpgturbo.01 (2).jpg

Working at Intel and having recently changed sites here in Chandler, I’m learning who parks in which Motorcycle spot and who apparently has collections going because they begin to be readily apparent in some cases. Given that most of the engineering folks are working from home, riders tend to park in the same spot every day.

One fellow in particular has caught my interest. Today was the third ancient Motorcycle he’s come in on, and this time I was able to put a face with the machine. In his “spot” I’ve drooled over an original Knucklehead (patina and all) and a beautiful old Indian Scout. Today as I was pulling off my helmet, an old <'31> Henderson 4 rolls into his spot. Sheesh. An older restoration, but nice. And it smelled like an old Motorcycle should. Like gas and oil. We chatted a bit, exchange names and numbers and he asked me if the black café Goldwing was mine. (It is). I said who else would park in my spot? We laughed. Apparently he’s got a couple more that aren’t exactly rideable. We are kindred spirits I think, but he lives in a different era… Even though he’s probably 20 years younger than me!
View attachment 77174View attachment 77175
drool, drool

Back