Motorcycle gloves for winter riding

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

max_caper

Reaction score
Hi,

There's frost every morning but I'm still not ready to stop riding. The hands are the hardest part to keep warm it seems. Has anyone had any good/bad experiences with a winter motorcycle glove without going to the electric variety?

Thanks,

Blaine

Hi,

There's frost every morning but I'm still not ready to stop riding. The hands are the hardest part to keep warm it seems. Has anyone had any good/bad experiences with a winter motorcycle glove without going to the electric variety?

Thanks,

Blaine

Sorry. I got the electric Widder gloves. Paid $100.00 new for them over 20 years ago and still work awesome. worth EVERY penny!!

You'll have to ask Gamorg02 if his hand guards are helping with regular winter gloves.

They do make glove "liners". They look like Michael Jackson's long lost glitter gloves and look pretty gay but they do offer an additional layer of protection. They work a bit. Just don't let anyone see you putting them on. LLLLLLL :eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

I have a set of Scorpion Recon gloves that are quite warm. They come with a set of removable fleece liners and are insulated as well. Don't wear them in warm weather as your hands will sweat like mad, but once the temp went under 10C they work wonderfully. Got mine for $109 here at Hully Gully and GP Bikes should have them as well.

olympia cold throttle gloves work well.

jury still out on handguards. just re-positioned them last night. hard to tell with or without them for temp differences so far.

I wear Alpinestars WR3 Gore-Tex Gloves - Black which are very warm and they work well. They look great too!
With any glove for coldweather riding, especially those not designed for motorcycling, you will lose a bit of feel for the tradeoff of warm hands. The perfect setup IMO would be a gauntlet glove with insulation on the top of the hand/ fingers, weatherproof construction but thinner on the grip side to work in unison with a set of grip warmers. Wind deflectors may help too.

I've said it b4, I'll say it again: for cold weather riding, no matter what gloves you wear, THE best solution to keeping those fingers nice n toasty is heated grips.

They can be purchased cheaply on fleaBay, are very easy to fit and mare such a huge difference by keeping the source of heat inside your hands.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Oxford-Hot-Gr...mQQptZUK_Motorcycle_Parts?hash=item3ca694136c

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Heated-grips-...mQQptZUK_Motorcycle_Parts?hash=item19b70ffb89

I rode my bikes in the UK winters and can vouch for these!!

Hi,

Thanks,

Blaine

These aren't motorcycle gloves( although they feel like it), but they are lightweight, warm and keep your digits dry. I love em :punk:

http://www.michaelspowersportsonline.com/servlet/the-2364/Klim-PowerXross-Snow-Gloves/Detail

I have a pair on the other hand and in my lap while warming up my seld in this picture before I headed out to the river. I never did use the sled's hand warmers.

Attachments

• Gloves.jpg
    Gloves.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 16
  • kellysno.jpg
    kellysno.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 12
Back