Motorcycle HUD... ha ha ha!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BikeShack

Reaction score
:bang head::bang head::bang head::rofl_200:

Things that COULD work but didn't!!!

read a few excerpts:

"...I got in there and did as they asked, chopping and gluing on my ZX-10R. Then I focused my efforts on trashing my visor on my Arai helmet as per their instructions."

"...It takes several hours to graft this unit to your bike. Unlike other units it's not plug and play, so you'll need to splice into a few key wires that drive your ECU."

"... So I strapped down my 10R, blocked the front wheel with several bags of concrete and got on board. Wicking it up through the gears I saw 150mph (and I wasn't moving an inch). I couldn't take it anymore and simply couldn't bear to bring the bike to its top speed.

This was wrong on so many levels. My dog was scared and ran away from the garage and back to his house. He couldn't bear to watch either."

Full article here...
http://www.bikeland.org/story.php?storyID=24656

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::punk:

Wow! This just proves that some people will buy ANYTHING. I simply could not imagine running a late-model sportbike up to top speed on a track stand. Serious liability resting on that company's shoulders. Can you imagine if a bike came off the stand with the rear tire spinning at 180+ mph. Disaster waiting to happen.

Just because the new Camaro's have them doesn't mean your bike should too.

Nothing new, older Vettes, 1990's 240sx's had them as well. I've read a few articles a while back, but I can't remember reading anything good about it, the Veypor is a pretty sweet unit, for a motorcycle, but they screwed up with the sportvue HUD setup.

With the end of the Iron dog race this weekend I was talking with a couple of the racers about HUD GPS units to aid in the navigation. The race is the toughest snowmachine race in the world and technology outside the current snowmachines (Polaris is the winningest sled overall, but this year Team Skidoo won with a new record despite having both team racers being injured and unsure if they were even going to race this year) hasn't started to catch up yet.

I was looking at this puppy, its been out for a few years now, and wondering how easy it would be to modify the electrics to fit a motorcycle helmet. I'm thinking it would benefit baja, and other no-man's land type of races.

I've read a lot of positive reviews on them, with only one real complaint and that is some people feel that the peripheral vision is cut down with them. but they all agree the electronics are top notch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9u1mUlK8qg

Pretty cool. Definitely a step in the right direction. I would think that if something were to be successful, it would have to be incorporated into the eyewear or helmet like those goggles and not just an add-on. It would be be really cool if it connected to the bike via bluetooth using the diagnostic port like some automotive race gage set-ups that are out now.

Latest posts

Back