Motorcycle jack w/ low hindle...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghostntheshell

Reaction score
Just thought of something...

I have the Hindle pipes and they sit rather low.

Is this going to affect jacking up the bike on the motorcycle jack??
________
mary jane

Last edited:
Are they the old style Hindle where one crosses under the other or do they run side by side?

Can't you macguiver a wooden brace to fit on the jack and lift the bike without hitting the pipe(s)?

I know I'm still running stock exhaust, but didn't want to melt the plastic/rubber pads on my jack when I synched my carbs so I just laid a piece of plywood between the pipes and the jack. I know have a nicely scorched piece of plywood in the shape of my exhaust. LOL

Use a couple little wood blocks for cribbing so that the jack lifts up on the frame rails and not the exhaust. Careful placement of the blocks with give you a secure, even lift and spare your exhaust. My father in law has very similar issues with stuff hanging below his bike that can't be used as a lifting point. His bike is so low that you can't even fit a damn jack under it. Had to ride it up on blocks, then put the jack under it, then crib the jack, then lift the bike.

Or just buy a used CS

I would be too if I had not read a post by Morley about jacking many up that way without any issue.

i know. i know.. but but but but... just gonna try not to. plus i have a CS. if my front end comes up, i put a bottle jack under the oil pan with a 2x4 and jack it that way and then put jack stands under my engine guards.

Use a couple little wood blocks for cribbing so that the jack lifts up on the frame rails and not the exhaust. Careful placement of the blocks with give you a secure, even lift and spare your exhaust. My father in law has very similar issues with stuff hanging below his bike that can't be used as a lifting point. His bike is so low that you can't even fit a damn jack under it. Had to ride it up on blocks, then put the jack under it, then crib the jack, then lift the bike.

Or just buy a used CS

that works too. either of 'em.

Latest posts

Back