Motorcycle Magazine Advice???

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackjack

Reaction score
I currently do not subscribe to any bike magazines, so I wanted to know if there is any recommendation that is popular to this forum for consideration.

:confused2:

i usually pick up motorcyclist... sport rider is 99% sport bikes and every issue is about the same 4 bikes it seems.. lol

i dont like any of the cruiser mags because theyre all about how to install ape hangers or how to modify your saddlebags,, very very little to do with actually riding

Cycle World seems to be a fairly balanced mag at first, covers sportbikes, cruisers, everything in between. But read more than a couple pages and it's very biased toward HD, and they're not particularly discreet about it. Every "new" HD model wins their head-to-head tests, and even when the HD is the slowest, crappiest bike, they still declare it the winner based on "overall feel" or "cool factor" or some other bullshit.

I don't get a mag, I just get an email newsletter from motorcycleusa.com, that has new model reviews and big MC news. Their reviews seem to be pretty fair towards all brands. Typically whenever I order something from motorcyclesuperstore, an issue of Motorcycle USA comes with it, which is a decent read.

Motorcycle Consumer News. No ads. The "Consumer Reports" of motorcycling. I also get Rider and Motorcyclist mags.

Save your money , anything and everything you could want to know is online . Google or Yahoo what you're looking for and there it is . Complete websites on road racing , dirt racing , moto x ... You can find websites on cruisers , American or metric . It's all there , just look for it...use the force !

You can use the money you save for mods...:biglaugh:

+ 1 to Cycle World and I subscribe to RoadBike as well. Saw my first V-Max in March '04 issue . My '98 C.F. / Mercedes metallic Black looks a lot like it.

:punk:

Latest posts

Back