Motorcycle Safety

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VMAXXIMUM

Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://silodrome.com/ I follow this website "Silodrome" and I just watched a great video on ....motorcycle safety that was narrated by Peter Fonda and Evil Knievel. It's short and very progressive for it's time. Interesting they suggest we think of cagers as either drunk, asleep or blind.

Thanks Christian, great reading," I can never be too aware" is what I live by. Good chance it's by cager, if there is a problem. Riding aware can get us out of many difficult situations though. Like we always talk about, truck tires are a big hazard. Mostly when they are in the process of flying off. In front of trucks is where I prefer to ride.
Steve-o

My view point is, when I'm on the bike, everyone in a car is trying to hit me, that way, I watch out for everyone.

He starts at the Rock Store in Kanan Dune Calabassas where they film every weekend from CHP helicopters showing bikers wrecking and then they show the films at driver education schools. I recognize every street and freeway on the film. My sister was a motorcycle stuntwoman and tours with Robbie Knievel on a regular basis. I would almost swear that was her on the sidestreets missing opening doors. She did stunts for Charlie's Angels in the mustang and on bikes. Every weekend you could go to the Rock Store and meet people like Arnold S, Jay L, Peter F, Matt Leb- Arlen N, Russ B never knew who would there.

Cliff Vaughs as producer/director, he was associated w/the Easy Rider movie, and also the bikes in it. One of the legends of biking and the chopper scene, from its early days. I believe that's him, in the rider demos, avoiding errant cagers, and doing figure-8's on the football field.

Last edited:
Kool vid!......Back in 73 when this film was shot I wasn't too concerned with motorcycle safety, Knievel was huge and was too busy sailing my stingray off homemade ramps out in front of my house!..................:punk:...............Tom.

I believe that Evel was drumming up interest in the Snake River Canyon jump when this was filmed, since it happened the next year. One of my friends went to ID to see him.

Anyone see where a new guy is gonna try a similar stunt? It may have been mentioned here in a different thread.

Evel was a Wildman. He rented a classic yacht in the 1970's and rode it around south FL. A woman I knew was married to a fellow who had the sister ship to the one Evel rented. They both were beautiful, they looked like something Humphrey Bogart would have been piloting, chasing after Lauren Bacall in one or another movie. Or that Ernest Hemmingway would have kept in a marina in Havana, much-nicer than his sport fishing boat, Pilar.

Anyway, Evel was on the Intracoastal Waterway in south FL, and the bridge tender didn't respond to Evel's summons to open the bridge quickly-enough to suit him, so he pulled the yacht over to the seawall, and assaulted the bridge tender w/a baseball bat, breaking his arm! Several of my co-workers took the hapless bridge tender to the hospital after immobilizing his fracture. That got Evel a stint in the local jail, and later, the yacht owner sued him for all the damage he did while leasing the yacht.

Kool vid!......Back in 73 when this film was shot I wasn't too concerned with motorcycle safety, Knievel was huge and was too busy sailing my stingray off homemade ramps out in front of my house!..................:punk:...............Tom.

I believe that Evel was drumming up interest in the Snake River Canyon jump when this was filmed, since it happened the next year. One of my friends went to ID to see him.

Anyone see where a new guy is gonna try a similar stunt? It may have been mentioned here in a different thread.

Evel was a Wildman. He rented a classic yacht in the 1970's and rode it around south FL. A woman I knew was married to a fellow who had the sister ship to the one Evel rented. They both were beautiful, they looked like something Humphrey Bogart would have been piloting, chasing after Lauren Bacall in one or another movie. Or that Ernest Hemmingway would have kept in a marina in Havana, much-nicer than his sport fishing boat, Pilar.

Anyway, Evel was on the Intracoastal Waterway in south FL, and the bridge tender didn't respond to Evel's summons to open the bridge quickly-enough to suit him, so he pulled the yacht over to the seawall, and assaulted the bridge tender w/a baseball bat, breaking his arm! Several of my co-workers took the hapless bridge tender to the hospital after immobilizing his fracture. That got Evel a stint in the local jail, and later, the yacht owner sued him for all the damage he did while leasing the yacht.
Eddie Braun is going to try it. He has been a Hollywood stuntman for years.

Latest posts

Back