Motorcycle Stand

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Regular Guy

Reaction score
Hey Guys, what's a good (cheap) motorcycle stand? I found some on Amazon but I am not sure if it'll work with our bikes since the exhaust rides below the frame.

Here's the ones I've been looking at this morning : https://www.amazon.com/Extreme-Max-...id=1489327316&sr=1-4&keywords=motorcycle+lift

and this one : https://www.amazon.com/Zeny-Motorcy...id=1489327316&sr=1-8&keywords=motorcycle+lift

Thoughts?

I have one similar to the second one, the adjustable cradles can be placed under the frame rails. The thing with either one of them is most of the force is placed on a rather cheap bearing so keep all moving parts lubed with white grease to minimize drag.

I've used mine extensively for 2 or 3 years with no issues.

The second one would probably allow you to hit the highway pegs/engine guards rather than a perfectly flat surface. I have used a rolling floor jack and jackstands under the highway pegs and I was able to teeter it to service the forks and other service. I notice many bikes have unshielded exhaust running underneath. That second jack would be safer and more convenient than how I do it (carefully one side at a time). Im sure there will be other suggestions. Good luck on whichever one you choose.

I have 3 of them like the 2nd one different brands and were a little more expensive but they work great.

I went ahead and ordered the 2nd one. When it comes in I can take the fenders off to send to you along with the faux tank ;)

Are these things really stable with a bike on them?

I'd love something like this but i dunno if i'd trust it without bolting it to the floor

I have the one Traumahawk has (or the equivalent from northern tool). I had a bike up on it for months at a time during repairs. Use straps and check it to see if the jack holds, though. Mine will sag so I just brace it in whatever position I want it.

I've had a Sears Craftsman jack for years. I have used it to remove both wheels and fork tubes at the same time. It worked fine, but I did set the brackets so the jack wouldn't go down on its own.

Cheers lads think i'd have to weld some legs on in a X pattern before i'd feel safe jacking the whole bike up on there....plus some struts so it cant collapse

But then again i am paranoid about that sort of thing

I thought I deleted this shot, but here ya go..

Attachments

• IMG_1801.jpg
    IMG_1801.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 93
Looks sturdy to me! That's what I need it for, to take wheels off and fenders and such. Not to hijack my own thread but is it hard to take the back wheel off? I imagine the front takes about 5-10 minutes that the back one has me worried a little :)

Remove the caliper, pull out the axle, and the wheel detaches from the splines of the pumpkin. Just be sure you get the washer and spacers in properly when reassembling. I think there's a sticky here with better instructions. Not too difficult.

Remove the caliper, pull out the axle, and the wheel detaches from the splines of the pumpkin. Just be sure you get the washer and spacers in properly when reassembling. I think there's a sticky here with better instructions. Not too difficult.

Thanks Bill! We need a "Like" button or a "Thank You" button on here, lol. You guys are a big help. Glad I joined the forum, everyone is so nice :)

Looks sturdy to me! That's what I need it for, to take wheels off and fenders and such. Not to hijack my own thread but is it hard to take the back wheel off? I imagine the front takes about 5-10 minutes that the back one has me worried a little :)

Bill is right its a walk in the park FYI you don't have to take the back wheel off to take the fender off. Not sure if you were thinking that just wanted to clarify

I thought I deleted this shot, but here ya go..

Cheers dude, is the bike even strapped down in that pic?

I'v seen them at shows and stuff many times, usually with a big harley or goldwing on them, just always seemed to be too small a footprint to me.
I'm having a DRZ-400 this year though, which of course doesnt have a center stand so i lift like these would be handy, good for the fourtrax too

Nope, I never thought the bike was unstable on the lift. That shot was taken in 2008, while I was resurrecting Godzilla from a few year layup. It stayed on the lift for almost a week while I was having seals put in the forks, and tires mounted.

Latest posts

Back