Motorcyle Towing Insurance

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackjack

Reaction score
Can someone recommend a good reasonable towing insurance agency. AAA wants $102 for the 1st year and $82 for the remaining years. Their Plus package will get you towed up to $100 miles and includes fuel or air no jump starts.

Basically would like to have some type of coverage if I was to break down and needed to get the bike back to civilization for repairs.

I dunno about separate policy. Always had a rider in my normal insurance.

It's $2/ per car per month.... Don't have it on the bike.

The only time I've used it was in my truck. Sitting in Houston. Called and was told about four hours eta. Waited for an hour, got really pissed, the wife calmed me down with her "skills" and
by that time 2,000 other wreckers came by wanting to tow me. I did and just filed for reimbursement against policy.

I have AAA. I hated to pay that, but the service also covers anything else you are driving, or are a passenger in. The card covers you. I've had other people let me use their service for different things. They just had to be there. plus the stuck out in the middle of no where senario. I think some Insurance companies offer roadside assistance.

Can someone recommend a good reasonable towing insurance agency. AAA wants $102 for the 1st year and $82 for the remaining years. Their Plus package will get you towed up to $100 miles and includes fuel or air no jump starts.

http://www.vmaxforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=98
We have a free service here. You might want to add your name to the list, and check out who is near the area you plan to ride in. The program is voluntary. You access the link on your cell phone, or print it. It might be your best resource in time of need. I tried the AMA service but didn't find them very helpful. And AAA doesn't tow in my area. There are a lot of pay for services, but most have limitations that don't make them worth it, for me anyway. Within 100 miles the wife can come get me. The VMF program, at the least, can put you in touch with a member here that could possibly talk you through getting your bike started. Or, if close enough even pick you up.
Steve-o

Last edited:
Steveoo I click the link and it says I don't have permission? I would like to add my name I know many guys do come up this way.

http://www.vmaxforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=98
We have a free service here. You might want to add your name to the list, and check out who is near the area you plan to ride in. The program is voluntary. You access the link on your cell phone, or print it. It might be your best resource in time of need. I tried the AMA service but didn't find them very helpful. And AAA doesn't tow in my area. There are a lot of pay for services, but most have limitations that don't make them worth it, for me anyway. Within 100 miles the wife can come get me. The VMF program, at the least, can put you in touch with a member here that could possibly talk you through getting your bike started. Or, if close enough even pick you up.
Steve-o

No workee:

Blackjack, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Back