Motus motorcycles

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmosel

Reaction score
Not sure how many of my fellow Vmaxers are watching this new brand of motorcycle, but they are supposed to start selling soon. I'm seriously contemplating buying one, though if I do I'd have to sell my Vmax.

http://motusmotorcycles.com/

They do have balls trying to break into today's market full of nice bikes at 1/2 the cost. It looks like 1/2 an American V8. I can't see the Harley faithful giving it a second look. It can't compare in looks to either generation Vmax. I'm not sure what part of the bike buying crowd they are targeting. Good luck to them though. I hope any American company makes it.
Steve-o

Man that CR&S Duu looks amazing, but my first question was when I saw it "How much gas does it hold?" It looks like I'll be having to fill up every 30 mins with that bike haha. Love the look though.

I love the sound of the Motus V4. Sport tourer eh? Hmmm... that's a class of bike I've got my eye on. I'll have to keep my eye on this bike.

The price is what is making me stumble, at least for now. I went with a friend over a year ago to a local Ducati dealership when Motus was travelling around the country and the two prototypes looked and sounded fantastic. There's a dealership close to where my brother lives, after they start shipping I might have to stop by to look at one in person, that's if they'll have any to look at...

Motus or hideous? That's one ugly steaming pile of dog crap IMO lol.

That's a hell of a motorcycle George, the Mammut I mean. It's got it all. I want one.
Steve

I met Fried Munch, creator of the Munch Mammoth, at Daytona. One of my extended circle of biking acquaintances was a good friend of his, and used to have him stay at his home when Friedl came to the USA.

In the back pages of the late 1960's/early 1970's bike mags, you could see a 1-column inch ad w/a tiny pic for the Munch Mammoth, which used the "space-age Elektron alloy!" for many of the bike castings. They were hand-built and cost 3X what say a SOHC Honda 750 cost. Because of that, they never got much exposure. The bike was under continuous refinement and was built for many years. I have some pics of Friedl at Daytona when I ran-into my acquaintance there. 'Paco' was an experienced mechanic, a Munch expert, and unfortunately neither Friedl nor Paco are with us now.

The 1960's NSU TTS car gave-up its engine to become the heart of the Munch Mammoth. NSU was known for engineering innovation, and had developed a small (for a car) air-coed inline-4 which Munch adopted for motorcycle use, substantially-increasing its output. Mechanical fuel-injection was one of the many innovations Munch used to increase its output.

NSU was also one of the first cars to use a Wankel rotary engine. The first commercially-available rotary motorcycle was a Hercules/ DKW. A Dutch company brought out a real road-burner in the early 1970's, the rotary-engine Van Veen OCR, which is surely one of the rarest of the production bikes, right-up there with the Hesketh Venom Vampire. The Hesketh was a creation of a young member of the British House of Lords who burned through his family inheritance by sponsoring James 'Shunt' Hunt in automobile Formula 1 racing in the 1970's (be-sure to see the new movie Rush, about the 1976 F1 season where James Hunt battled Niki Lauda). Lord Hesketh dabbled in many areas, including building a 1000 cc DOHC V-twin sportbike, the F1 racing, and even rock & roll, one of the records he cut was entitled, "Lord Hesketh's Heavy Friends," and is something of a collectible rarity today.

I am going-off-of some 50 year-old memories here, so w/o googling, this is my account of facts as-best I can recall.

That's a hell of a motorcycle George, the Mammut I mean. It's got it all. I want one.
Steve

i like it too very very much, i want one too. lots of power and you can call it muscle bike which i love. i would love to ride one which i will never do , i think i wont see it live here in Greece nowhere. you cant see a V-max here so imagine something like this.

Latest posts

Back