Motus MST-01 V4: Latest News

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redbone

Reaction score
The Motus GDI V4 project is progressing with U.S. road tests set for early 2011. Engineered right here in Michigan and to be designed and built in Alabama, the Motus has close ties to the engineering team behind the Corvette Racing program.
I am really looking forward to what the final product is going to look like and it's real world performance. From everything I've seen so far the engine is going be revolutionary looking, have the roar of a legendary pushrod V motor and put a American motorcycle as a legitimate choice in the sport touring segment.

http://www.motusmotorcycles.com/index.html
Watch the videos!:punk:

The Motus GDI V4 project is progressing with U.S. road tests set for early 2011. Engineered right here in Michigan and to be designed and built in Alabama, the Motus has close ties to the engineering team behind the Corvette Racing program.
I am really looking forward to what the final product is going to look like and it's real world performance. From everything I've seen so far the engine is going be revolutionary looking, have the roar of a legendary pushrod V motor and put a American motorcycle as a legitimate choice in the sport touring segment.

http://www.motusmotorcycles.com/index.html
Watch the videos!:punk:

Very interesting bike! I thought it had overhead cams?

Dale #2592

We all obvioulsy like V4 engines.
I like it more couse GDI injection.

Design like Moto Guzzi. This project for sure will transform into something very intresting.

BTW, sombody ever tried to start the Guzzi V2 engine?
Its like a SAMBA DE AMIGO on the handlebar when cranking the engine :rofl_200:

These are some sexy specs!
Engine type
1645cc (100ci) liquid-cooled 90? V4; dual OHV; pushrod; chain-driven single cam; hydraulic lifters
Transmission
Motus 6-speed sequential gearbox; unit construction; wet multiplate clutch
Bore x Stroke
86.5mm (3.41in) x 70.0mm (2.75in)
Compression
11.5:1
Valves
Intake ?44.5mm (1.75in); Exhaust ?36.8mm (1.45in); stainless steel
Dimensions
610mm (24in) L x 492mm (19in) W x 508mm (20in) H

Performance
Minumum 140bhp @ 7800rpm; 162Nm (120lb-ft) @ 4500rpm; 8000rpm redline
Materials
356-T6 cast aluminum block and heads; forged steel crank, cam, rods; forged aluminum pistons; linerless Nikasil bore
Firing order
1 - 4 - 3 - 2
Ignition Sequence
TDC - 345? - 435? - 630?
Crankpin Offset
75?
Minimum Octane

Very interesting concept! Wonder how the engine layout affects handling etc. Will have to keep an eye on for further news.
Yep,seems to me the motor would torque sidways if installed like a BossHoss.Witch would make it handle like crap.Motor should be in side ways so it Torque's to the rear & down.Maybe they figured that out somehow.:ummm:

Yep,seems to me the motor would torque sidways if installed like a BossHoss.Witch would make it handle like crap.Motor should be in side ways so it Torque's to the rear & down.Maybe they figured that out somehow.:ummm:

I was thinking the same thing, and I'm sure they did too. It'll be very interesting to see how they handled the 'corkscrew' torque reaction.

Very innovative approach tho, will be fun to follow this one.

Thanks Brian, keep us posted please. :clapping:

I was thinking the same thing, and I'm sure they did too. It'll be very interesting to see how they handled the 'corkscrew' torque reaction.

Very innovative approach tho, will be fun to follow this one.

Thanks Brian, keep us posted please. :clapping:
Will do Dan-o! That's why I post things like this, I didn't even think of such details!:confused2:
I love the concept but just proves I'm a head in the clouds dreamer that don't let trivial things like "'corkscrew' torque reaction" get in the way!:rofl_200:

Will do Dan-o! That's why I post things like this, I didn't even think of such details!:confused2:
I love the concept but just proves I'm a head in the clouds dreamer that don't let trivial things like "'corkscrew' torque reaction" get in the way!:rofl_200:

:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:Take my word for it Brian....being able to visualize things like 'corkscrew torque reaction' isn't necessarily a plus!! :wacko:

These are some sexy specs!
Engine type
1645cc (100ci) liquid-cooled 90? V4; dual OHV; pushrod; chain-driven single cam; hydraulic lifters
Transmission
Motus 6-speed sequential gearbox; unit construction; wet multiplate clutch
Bore x Stroke
86.5mm (3.41in) x 70.0mm (2.75in)
Compression
11.5:1
Valves
Intake ?44.5mm (1.75in); Exhaust ?36.8mm (1.45in); stainless steel
Dimensions
610mm (24in) L x 492mm (19in) W x 508mm (20in) H

Performance
Minumum 140bhp @ 7800rpm; 162Nm (120lb-ft) @ 4500rpm; 8000rpm redline
Materials
356-T6 cast aluminum block and heads; forged steel crank, cam, rods; forged aluminum pistons; linerless Nikasil bore
Firing order
1 - 4 - 3 - 2
Ignition Sequence
TDC - 345? - 435? - 630?
Crankpin Offset
75?
Minimum Octane

Yup pushrods! :punk:
Looks very cool....can't wait to see/hear real world performance.

Dale #2592

Hmmm... 8k RPM and pushrods! I hope there isn't a valve float problem with that!

The Nascar engines are said to be running 9k rpms at Daytona. I think they run a pretty constant high rpm for pretty much the whole race.

Oh OK... I'm pretty old school with car engine rebuilds so I'm not really up to date on the current tech or abilities of new pushrod motors. I know guides and roller rockers were a must in the older builds, maybe it is the same now? :ummm:

The following article in Hot Rod explains what they are doing with the race engines, which are quite a bit different than the small blocks that I remember too. On the 3rd page it says they are running 9300/ 9600 rpms! I'm amazed myself as they were only running 5-6k when I used to follow Nascar.
http://www.hotrod.com/techarticles/hrdp_0803_chevy_nascar_engine/index.html

:punk:Cool looking(and sounding) American made bike, can't wait for a road test. Any word on the price ? Sure it won't be cheap, but if it's well made I'm sure it'll be worth it.

Back