Mountain's Leslie West died

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
A group I saw numerous times, got lots of their records, and now Leslie West has died. Mountain had a great variety of songs, some harder-edged some less-so. I like to think of them along-with Country Joe and the Fish, Savoy Brown, Steve Miller Band, and Procol Harum. RIP Leslie West.

If I remember correctly all 4 members wrote the lyrics and music for the song , Corky Laing and I cannot remember the other 2

I was a big fan of Mountain in my teens. Leslie West was a great guitarist.
I finally got to see them in 2007 in Bethel NY (Woodstock site) and they were very good despite Leslie appearing to be very grouchy. 😄
The short-lived band West, Bruce & Lainge has a few good songs as well. This was a good one:

Last edited:
A group I saw numerous times, got lots of their records, and now Leslie West has died. Mountain had a great variety of songs, some harder-edged some less-so. I like to think of them along-with Country Joe and the Fish, Savoy Brown, Steve Miller Band, and Procol Harum. RIP Leslie West.
One of my favorites... I saw him play a nightclub in south bend Indiana. we thought the show would be cancelled due to felix papallardi's death but the show went on with Corkie Laing on drums. when leslie said this next song is for a friend who is no longer with us us they played Theme for an imaginary western. I don't think there was a dry eye in the house. I still have one of Corky's broken drum stick handles.
RIP Leslie. see you in the next world and we won't be late.
check this early years video.

or

later, bill

Last edited:
Back