Mr. Max makes good.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noxx72

Reaction score
Got into my first real red light brawl with Max this morning, and with someone I know from work, so bragging rights were on the line!

Now this isn't my first rodeo, but since picking up Max I haven't done much aside from smoke harleys and expensive cars. There's been a lot of smack talking around the shops, but we haven't run into each other out on the street until now.

So I'm sitting at the red light at Ball and Harbor down in Anaheim, just missed the yellow, and Big Paulie hauls up next to me on his FZ1 and starts jamming the throttle and giving me the universal "let's go" hand sign. There's plenty of time on the light, so I put my visor up and tell him he's nuts if he thinks he can get me (Of course, I'm pretty sure he CAN get me, but I'm not about to say so ). He tells me his R1 engine will smoke me, the left turn lanes start going green and it's about time to put up or shut up so we put our lids back down and stage up.

I'm waiting for the light and weighing the ups and downs. Big Paulie is a big fat bastard, that's why we call him Big Paulie, so that's on my side. I know his bike is cold because I was warming up in the lot for a good five minutes and I didn't see him anywhere, so there's that. Last on my plus list, I'm pretty sure Paul hasn't been riding that long, so odds are he'll have a shitty launch, and this is only going to be a two gear race. Against me, I'm also a big fat bastard, and so is my bike. I've done some practice launching Max, but I don't have it down pat by any means, and the forward controls aren't any help in that department. In short, I'm sweating it.

The opposing left turn goes yellow, so I stage at 5200 and get down, Paul stages too low from the sound of it, good sign for me, the cars clear, the light flips, and boom goes the dynamite.

For once I get a really, really sweet no spin launch with full engagement early and skim the front through first, snap to second around 8800, making my only real mistake and picking it up higher than I'd like on the shift. I'm looking straight ahead and I don't see a blue FZ or a big fat ass so lifes good. I top out second around 70, let off and sit up, and there he is, about 4 lengths back on his state o' the art liter bike.

Looks like I get to do the bragging at work tonight, maybe I'll go by the bicycle shop and pick up some training wheels to weld to his locker :punk:

Got into my first real red light brawl with Max this morning, and with someone I know from work, so bragging rights were on the line!

Now this isn't my first rodeo, but since picking up Max I haven't done much aside from smoke harleys and expensive cars. There's been a lot of smack talking around the shops, but we haven't run into each other out on the street until now.

So I'm sitting at the red light at Ball and Harbor down in Anaheim, just missed the yellow, and Big Paulie hauls up next to me on his FZ1 and starts jamming the throttle and giving me the universal "let's go" hand sign. There's plenty of time on the light, so I put my visor up and tell him he's nuts if he thinks he can get me (Of course, I'm pretty sure he CAN get me, but I'm not about to say so ). He tells me his R1 engine will smoke me, the left turn lanes start going green and it's about time to put up or shut up so we put our lids back down and stage up.

I'm waiting for the light and weighing the ups and downs. Big Paulie is a big fat bastard, that's why we call him Big Paulie, so that's on my side. I know his bike is cold because I was warming up in the lot for a good five minutes and I didn't see him anywhere, so there's that. Last on my plus list, I'm pretty sure Paul hasn't been riding that long, so odds are he'll have a shitty launch, and this is only going to be a two gear race. Against me, I'm also a big fat bastard, and so is my bike. I've done some practice launching Max, but I don't have it down pat by any means, and the forward controls aren't any help in that department. In short, I'm sweating it.

The opposing left turn goes yellow, so I stage at 5200 and get down, Paul stages too low from the sound of it, good sign for me, the cars clear, the light flips, and boom goes the dynamite.

For once I get a really, really sweet no spin launch with full engagement early and skim the front through first, snap to second around 8800, making my only real mistake and picking it up higher than I'd like on the shift. I'm looking straight ahead and I don't see a blue FZ or a big fat ass so lifes good. I top out second around 70, let off and sit up, and there he is, about 4 lengths back on his state o' the art liter bike.

Looks like I get to do the bragging at work tonight, maybe I'll go by the bicycle shop and pick up some training wheels to weld to his locker :punk:

Congratulations Noxx, great story! Well written too!!

When he approaches you for a retry, as I'm sure he will, just tell him, "Pauly, I've wasted enough gas showing you reality!! Go get yourself beat up somewhere else!"

It'll drive him crazy!!

Get some pink tassels to go with the training wheels...that should piss him off even more.

Or, get some blue tape and make a pair of balls with it and hang it in his locker with a note saying he has a better chance of taking care of those then beating the max.

Sean

Haha, thanks guys. All I know for sure is I'm not about to give him a second chance.

That was awesome.

I just thought of another message for Fargo's rear sign.

"I shit faster than that"

Hey Bob
I will give it a go, you game??? Max to Max
Nice kill. I love killing litre class sporties. They just dont understand.
Heck I kill them without even staging at 5-6 rpm. Right before the light changes I hit the throttle and let out the clutch. There is too much crap on the roads and I would just spin real bad. They get the jump but they too have to keep the throttle down so they dont wheelie to high. As soon as I am in second they are toast. They get a taste of Morleys 1300 conversion with his muscle kit.

Let me know if we are still on for this weekend?

Life is sweet:clapping:
Cheers

We're on for my carbs, you're nuts if you think I'm racing your pet monster (unless Big Paulie's driving) :p

i had a guy awhile back in a jag. pull up beside me on the 4 lane wanting to race i shook my head no but that wasn't good enough, so i down shifted cracked it and he was out of sight in no time, when i got into town and had to stop at a red light he came up behind me flipping me off, i just laughed, i had my helmet on i could have killed the yuppy.

We're on for my carbs, you're nuts if you think I'm racing your pet monster (unless Big Paulie's driving) :p

Hey being you are a master electrician and all what kind of electrical repair shit you have at home???

Need to fix the fuel sender on my bike. The warning light isnt coming on anymore and it is reading an open signal on the fluke.

Sunday works best for me.

Hey being you are a master electrician and all what kind of electrical repair shit you have at home???

Need to fix the fuel sender on my bike. The warning light isnt coming on anymore and it is reading an open signal on the fluke.

Sunday works best for me.

So are you, dork. i have pretty much everything. Personally I think it's not worth the trouble, my fuel light has never worked anyway so I just mind the Odo. If you want to tear into however, I'm game. Sunday's great btw.

You guys should ride down to san diego saturday morning for the toys for tots race at barona 1/8th mile dragstrip. Bring an unopened toy and test and tune all day for free. I'll be out there with the 14, and a few of my friends will be there with busas and 1000's. It would be great to see some more bikes out there. I still have yet to see a vmax out there.

So are you, dork. i have pretty much everything. Personally I think it's not worth the trouble, my fuel light has never worked anyway so I just mind the Odo. If you want to tear into however, I'm game. Sunday's great btw.

I might work at an electrical power plant but that does not make me a master electrician. I know just enough to be dangerous. I run all the machines that make the electricity. Dont really mess with the electrical shit my self.
You up for a Saturday ride or are you just getting off work???

Latest posts

Back