Mr max will have a friend tomorrow

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donnelly317

Reaction score
I'm buying back my first "real" motorcycle for 700! I was waiting for him to come down to 500 but he said he will sell it to anyone he needs it gone and told me I don't have to pay right away ( bad break up with gf/baby momma). I sold it to him 3 yrs ago for 2300. The bad hasn't been ran in 2 years, needs a rear tire, might need carbs cleaned, and battery. Its a 94 FZR 1000. I'm gonna do a quick fix up of my VERY first bike 86 honda xl 600 I figured I could get 500 for it but ill ask 700. Top end only has about 2k miles on it. I'm so pumped I never stopped talking about my old bike :D. Pictures will come tomorrow after noon

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I can't freaking wait. Hope to drain all fuel in carbs and tank maybe ill get lucky and she will start right up!

I have the first year FZR1000 ('87), I bought mine from a friend w/<3K mi on it at a year old. I had been riding a hot-rod KZ1000J which I had like an ELR but no mini-fairing. 33 smoothbores, Dyna full ignition, Kerker 4/1, Konis, GPZ1100 cams, fresh top-end, Falicon undercut tranny. I thought it was hot and it ran well, but when I tried my friend's FZR, everything about my bike felt old!

I have a lot of spares & stuff waiting to be installed, like 38 mm flatslides & a full SS Supertrapp 4/1. I don't ride it much, just enough to keep it exercised. Lotsa fun for a 26 yr. old bike.

Hope your is just hibernating.

Here she is!!!! I stole it! Drained all fuel. Put fresh fuel in with sea foam jumped the battery and she started up! So glad she is finally home again

uploadfromtaptalk1372710485352.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1372710496949.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1372710508899.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1372710521384.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1372710532286.jpg

Yep, still clean! The clutch baskets could give problems if you used it at the drag strip a lot. And, the early ones would elongate the steering head bearing area from hard landings after all those wheelies these things so-effortlessly-did. Mine still power-wheelies nicely if you want it.

No drag strip for this bike. I knew original owner and every owner since. Originally owner was my high school girlfriend ( for 4 yrs ) step dad who passed away. It was bone stock with 17000 on the clock when I bought it 3 yrs ago ( yes I've only been riding "real" motorcycles for 3 yrs :D) but heres a few pics from three years ago
uploadfromtaptalk1372729513902.jpg
When I very first bought it

uploadfromtaptalk1372729524137.jpg
Me on it 3 yrs ago

uploadfromtaptalk1372729535130.jpg
My custom plate I hope to god I never threw out!!!!! Gotta find it!

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Looks good Matt. I bet that bike has a ton of memories.:eusa_dance:

Actually a tasteful factory graphics design I wouldn't mind to have done in paint. Wonder why I never saw or don't remember this one. Just reading your story makes me feel this bike was meant for you to keep for a lifetime. Maybe you will come around to that realization too.
Wishing you many happy miles!

Oh yes classic graphics a little pink in her but oh well I like them! We will see it may be my profit to buy a goldwing for me and the girlfriend. Chief in our firedepartment want to sell his 86 or 85 goldwing next year has 45k figured if we really want it we can sell this and buy it for weekend trips.. till the kids come along.... lol

I'll offer ya $750.00 for it! REALLY!! CASH!!! Gotta get something for my son so I get my Max back....

Seriously, if you took any less than a couple grand + for that bike, you need to have your head examined. Great buy - cool ride!

I know bill!! Crazy Nata value i believe is 2400! PM sent on a bike I posted on here before for your son!!! Lol

Thanks guys love the looks a lot

Correction to post 8. Girlfriends step dad lol not my high school girlfriend oops!

That's great. I always have an unusually high sense of loyalty to my "firsts". First car was a '96 4Runner. I almost cried when I sold it. My Max is my first bike, and I hope to keep her forever.

First are awesome to get back but we will see how long it will last with me buying a house hahaha. I just couldn't pass on the price!

Finally put it on the road ran it 10miles runs like a champ!! Riding it tomorrow to work. I tell you what afyer riding the vmax it feels akward riding a rocket! Lol but ill get back in the groove

Back