Mster cylinders on all models '85 to '07

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gleno

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if the brake and clutch master cylinders are the same for all model 1985 through to 2007:ummm:

Were there any changes between countries:ummm:

Can anyone tell me if the brake and clutch master cylinders are the same for all model 1985 through to 2007:ummm:

Were there any changes between countries:ummm:

The covers on the earlier models were different, not sure of the internals but maybe a parts number comparison would resolve that question.

Not sure on the difference between countries.

AFAIK they are all the same. The only possible difference is internal, pre or post '93 when the rotors/calipers grew bigger?

Internal is the same. The lid did change but of course that's cosmetic.

Thank you guys.

Having a major dispute with a shonky ebay vendor who sold me garbage. Just wanted to make sure I was on track.

I will provide all details in this thread soon:punk:

I recently purchased a brake and clutch lever set from an ebay vendor.

The product was listed as being for Yamaha VMAX 1200.

The product was cheap (didn't expect much) but I did expect it to fit.

I contacted the vendor several times to confirm that they were for the Yamaha vmx1200 motorcycle produced from 1985 to 2007. They stated that they had checked with their supplier and the supplier assured them they would fit.

So I purchased them.

They both arrived in the same package but the vendor double charged me for freight :damn angry: and sure enough THEY DO NOT FIT :bang head:

Contacted the vendor and advised they don't fit. Here is the vendors reply;

From Seller – R&C LTD T/A Motorcycle Recycle
27/08/2013 21:02 AEST
These levers are designed to fit UK models, we have sold several sets of these without any problems, your Australia model bike may be the issue.
Please return them with a covering letter for refund.

Well that's interesting because my bike is a CANADIAN IMPORT. To claim a refund I have to pay out for freight that is more than the product is worth (and the vendor refuses to refund freight costs) :bang head:
PAYPAL refused to reverse the transaction because the vendor told them "These levers are designed to fit UK models, we have sold several sets of these without any problems, your Australia model bike may be the issue.
Please return them with a covering letter for refund."

Avoid this ebay vendor R&C LTD T/A Motorcycle Recycle (who is still falsley advertising this product as suited to for the Yamaha VMAX1200).

Attachments

• $T2eC16dHJF0E9nmFSzr!BRI5nr(9KQ~~60_58.JPG
    $T2eC16dHJF0E9nmFSzr!BRI5nr(9KQ~~60_58.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 16
  • $T2eC16RHJHQE9nzEzL-SBRI5KoE0e!~~60_58.JPG
    $T2eC16RHJHQE9nzEzL-SBRI5KoE0e!~~60_58.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 15
  • brake.jpg
    brake.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 11
  • clutch.jpg
    clutch.jpg