Muffler mods

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a 2015 Vmax is there any way to modify the original mufflers? Just something simple to make it louder. Something like my first Generation how I drilled and washered the baffles? Thank you All in advance.

Hi, not sure about drilling out the mufflers I’m sure someone will chime in but seeing the cost of a used oem muffler I would consider just buying slip ons. I’m sure an unmolested exhaust will be very valuable in the future since everyone seems to change them from stock. Kinda like an old kz Kawasaki you see very few for sale with the original exhaust now and the oem exhaust is very hard to find and expensive. Just thought I’d throw that out there, something to think about, thanks.

The bulk of the noise dampening is in the cat. You need a slip-on or full header. I've got a few options (used and new).

Thanks for the reply. Being so i just bought this one a month ago; I'm seeing these slip ons are pretty expensive so I may wait till next year to see what happens with drivers hearing me.

If you put a VooDoo exhaust on your bike, you won't have any issues with drivers hearing you...Lol. I recently bought a 2014 VMAX and it came with the VooDoo exhaust. It's one of the loudest exhausts I've heard on a bike...It's just too loud for me, so I'm looking at maybe switching over to a Delkevic exhaust, which I believe is much quieter than the VooDoo...

If you put a VooDoo exhaust on your bike, you won't have any issues with drivers hearing you...Lol. I recently bought a 2014 VMAX and it came with the VooDoo exhaust. It's one of the loudest exhausts I've heard on a bike...It's just too loud for me, so I'm looking at maybe switching over to a Delkevic exhaust, which I believe is much quieter than the VooDoo...

I'm having a similar problem... mine came with a Voodoo Sidewinder 4 into 1 and it sounds knarly, but after an hour of helmet drone the Voodoo really puts a deaf-Spell on me. If like to know if there is any modifications I can do to the Megaphone or a slipon replacement I can install in order to quiet it down, I'm hoping to not have to replace the entire exhaust system. Any input is much appreciated.

All the modifications I've read about (replacing the packing in the exhaust etc.) have a minimal impact on the sound levels of these exhausts. w It's incomprehensible as to why VooDoo wouldn't provide baffles with these exhausts to keep the noise levels to reasonable levels for those that don't wont or can run loud exhausts due to sound restrictions in the areas they live in. It leaves the rider in a bad situation where the only option becomes to change to a different exhaust

I need to check but might have a set of the Vance and Hines on hand. Plus I can get new Voodoo and Hindle stuff still.

All the modifications I've read about (replacing the packing in the exhaust etc.) have a minimal impact on the sound levels of these exhausts. w It's incomprehensible as to why VooDoo wouldn't provide baffles with these exhausts to keep the noise levels to reasonable levels for those that don't wont or can run loud exhausts due to sound restrictions in the areas they live in. It leaves the rider in a bad situation where the only option becomes to change to a different exhaust
The voodoo comes with baffles. They have a wire mesh wrap single layer. Loud and raspy. I re-packed mine with fiberglass packing, it made them deeper in tone and eliminated the raspy high pitch tone. Still loud though. I cranked it with the baffles out (megaphone style) and it would vibrate your ear drums, and make them hurt when you revved it. Extremely loud. The baffles do help, near as loud as straight pipe. If you like to hear I don’t recommend straight pipe. I use ear plugs when I ride. I agree if you live where there is noise limits, I know two brothers makes exhausts with a two way valve for quiet in the city, and loud in the open. Could look into that. I know they make it for the Indian FTR 1200.

Latest posts

Back