Muscle Frame Braces

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So you saying wont work with ricks seats either???

yes...they will....look at the pic. This was in response to m-cman's statement. EDIT....might help if I read ALL of the posts...lol

Attachments

• user8061_pic8071_1372242981.jpg
    user8061_pic8071_1372242981.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 120
I think they will but we're moving on to the next batch of braces. This third batch will be double tube and built the same other then that.

We can feel the difference on the bike with the brace ? And when do you think you will have the brace ?

Indeed. You will notice a difference. I suspect it may be at least a month. We can take preorders though I am not sure on the pricing yet either. These will be one of the coolest sets made though!

We can feel the difference on the bike with the brace ? And when do you think you will have the brace ?

I have Seans previous set, and yes you can feel a difference. In Topeka I let other people ride my bike, and they said that it was better than a "stock" Vmax.

Attachments

• P1000054.jpg
    P1000054.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 190
  • P1000053.jpg
    P1000053.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 176
Not the frame braces for sure. I do have tubing benders and could get the small details lazer cut out and do all the welding here. But, we're happy to let Jedi build these for us and do other projects like bike builds, engine builds, and other fab stuff (working on some extended swingarms and fuel tanks right now actually).

Bought a quality powder coating gun at a company liquidation auction the other day and probably about 2-3 k's worth of powder for $200 and 500 for the gun.
Couldn't wait to test it out so I quickly got 1 double tube brace finished off.
So this is what they look like...

Attachments

• 020 (Large).jpg
    020 (Large).jpg
    41 KB · Views: 202
Very nice. We'll have to get some black sets here and get them mounted and pics. I suspect we're going to have high demand for these!

"Jedi," any stiffness advantage to closer stitching to join the tubes? They look great though. I'd like a chance to ride two bikes similarly-equipped except for the braces, to see if there is a discernible difference in handling 'feel.' So-far the biggest change I've made was radials, which I consider a must-do if you like to corner. If you're just into the straight-line thing then I don't think you need radials. They sure removed the upper-end of the speedo V-Max weave though.

"Jedi," any stiffness advantage to closer stitching to join the tubes? They look great though. I'd like a chance to ride two bikes similarly-equipped except for the braces, to see if there is a discernible difference in handling 'feel.' So-far the biggest change I've made was radials, which I consider a must-do if you like to corner. If you're just into the straight-line thing then I don't think you need radials. They sure removed the upper-end of the speedo V-Max weave though.

The stitches are on both sides. There is no flex, the tube is quite thick also.
I'm really happy with how they turned out.

Attachments

• 001 (Large).jpg
    001 (Large).jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 158
  • 005 (Large).jpg
    005 (Large).jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 151
jedi, can you try a set on a Corbin-equipped bike? I'd like to know about fitment issues in that application, given the prior posts. Bolt-on f & r is an attractive feature to provide access for whatever maintenance or work needs be-done. Thanks for looking-into my question.

$275 plus shipping though I am currently out of them. I should have more soon hopefully!

Latest posts

Back