Quantcast

Muscle Seat Thread

Yamaha Star V-Max VMAX Motorcycle Discussion Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

one2dmax

Reaction score
Here's the official Seat Thread. Post pics of your Muscle Seats installed. Ask Questions and Have fun.

Basic info to start:

Typical turnaround (when I have the cores on hand) is 3-6 weeks to build a seat set. Most of the time I have good cores on hand to build the seats up then ship to the customer prior to them sending the seat back to me. Sometimes all my cores are in use so we either have to wait until the current cycle is done or have the customer send in their seat for the work.

Seat Work Pricing is:

$260 for all three done in all black material (some other colors available too). This would include reshaping the drivers seat as well as recovering it and the other sections.

ADD:
$40 for reshaped passenger seat
$40 for backrest pad
$30 for two toned carbon fiber and smooth black material
$30 for "VMAX" outlined raised logo sewn into the flip door
$60 for "Vmax" silkscreened Logo (also raised and outlined)
$40 for flaming sewn into the seat.
$60 for Gen 2 Pattern (mix of carbon and smooth) - Not including the logo

No Charge:
Any Color Stitch Material - Red seems to be very popular though most simply just use black.

Pics of the Seats here - followed by pics on bikes.

Sean

Attachments

Last edited:

mabdcmb@yahoo.com

Reaction score
Sean, I'm thinking of getting a reshaped front section only, I would keep my flip & passengers sections and mounting hardware, how much would this cost?
Do you have any currently available in material that would closely match my '06?

Thanks
Danny, this is exactly what Sean did for me with the seat on my '06. Here are a couple pics.

Attachments

dannymax

Reaction score
Um Dan-O :biglaugh:
:ttiwwp:
Responding to popular demand (Christopher) :biglaugh:, here is a pic of the muscle seat, a sportmax seat and a pic of the muscle seat and sportmax seat together for comparison. The muscle seat is all black and is on the '06.

Visually there is little difference in the cut down depth of the two seats but the muscle seat is noticeably softer. I ran some errands, added on an extra 40 miles or so and the muscle seat was very comfortable.

I won't bother to compare it to the OEM 'slab,' the two aren't in the same league at all!

I will compare it to the sportmax though. For me, the sportmax seemed a bit more comfortable sitting on it in the garage. As soon as you ride on them Morley's seat is much more comfortable, it's softer, has a bit more padding and absorbs impact better.

Conclusion: If you want to sit on your bike in the garage and look cool, get a sportmax! If you are one of those who actually rides your bike, then get a Morley seat!!

Good job Sean, I like it!! :clapping:

Attachments

2stangs69-91

Reaction score
here is a Morley custom corbin It is a nice seat, as far as adding riding miles not to many. But I have some back issues so that could be the main factor

naughtyG

Reaction score
And one more Muscle Corbin - it's SO much better than the original Corbin I had before..

I think the bike handles better since the seat too - something to do with sitting more 'in' the bike.

Attachments

ghostntheshell

Reaction score
Got my Muscle seat in the mail today!

Looks excellent!

Here are my before and after...

IMG_5687.jpg

IMG_5797.jpg

IMG_5798.jpg

one2dmax

Reaction score
Pics of the seat on the bike. Note this is a 5'7" rider pictured. 11.5" 412's, 1" internal drop up front and 1" through the trees. Very flat footed with no problem.

Sean

Attachments

Redbone

Reaction score
I have the mid cut thet Sean did 2 years ago but I asked him to modify it a little this past winter. I basically had him flatten and widen the mid cut which made it super comfortable for those long trips (500+ miles). I was getting a little uncomfortable at about the 350 mile mark and after sitting on the Gen2 and a FJR I knew what I wanted to try. I sent it to Sean and tried to explain what I wanted the best I could and Sean sent back the seat exactly as I asked. It feels perfect and kinda like a easy chair for those long days in the saddle. Thanks again Sean!

The seat is flatter than it was, no slight hump in the middle. I'll try to find some pictures to show what it looks like now Garrett, if not I'll shoot some more pics.
Here are three that kind of show it better. Let me know if you want more pics.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

JrBiem

Reaction score
I got my seat from Mr. Morley today from UPS. It went straight from the UPS guys hands to mine to the bike! It looks and feels great. Thanks a ton Sean!

Attachments

one2dmax

Reaction score
Time for something new! Here's a pic of the first gen 2 seat. We have also reshaped an FJR seat and Honda 1300 recently and waiting for those pics.

Sean

Attachments

one2dmax

Reaction score
New Seat Pattern we will offer. This has looks similar to the gen 2 Vmax seat. ***Note*** we can also offer the rear reshaped seat as well (this one pictured is stock shape).

Prices updated in first post. I think this new pattern will be VERY popular!

Sean

Attachments

one2dmax

Reaction score
Added additional Pics.

Attachments

Latest posts