Muscle Swingarms

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's the RC Comp Wheels on our 3" extended arm. Note plenty of room for much larger tire. Also, the offset will be far closer to the center. Also seen in a couple of pictures is the Kawasaki ZRX shocks modified to fit on the Vmax mounts. This lets us leave the shock mounts shifted back and get about 1.5" lowering of the bike.

Sean

I bet that's a sharp looking wheel!
icon12.gif
icon14.gif

New Tank and other mods finished!

Kosman Wheels, ZRX Shocks Modified to Fit Vmax Chassis, 3" Extended Swingarm with Offset, Extended Fuel tank with 5 Gallon Capacity (+1 Gallon Increase). Single 320mm FJR Rotor, Huyabusa 6 Piston Caliper, Galfer Lines, Muscle Seat, and MORE!

Attachments

• 3 over arm - 5 gallon tank - ZRX shocks.jpg
    3 over arm - 5 gallon tank - ZRX shocks.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 130
  • 3 over arm - 5 gallon tank - ZRX shocks 2.jpg
    3 over arm - 5 gallon tank - ZRX shocks 2.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 109
  • 3 over arm - 5 gallon tank - ZRX shocks 3.jpg
    3 over arm - 5 gallon tank - ZRX shocks 3.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 113
  • Rear View 200 Tire.jpg
    Rear View 200 Tire.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 106
that exhaust might really be loud :p

+1 Any chance you have a sound clip of that beast?

I really like the low and mean look of the bike...well done!

I don't think I have a sound clip. It's not as loud as you'd think but the tone is super deep!

Sean

Very old ones! I think they have been discontinued for years. The lightest wheels I have come across yet

Looks good!

Did you have to eliminate the rear, inner fender after putting in the larger tank?

What kind of rear rotor, caliper, caliper bracket is being used on that bike?

The rear tail light is normally relocated though it can be swapped out for an aftermarket mount and clear the tire.

I belive that's an older EBC rotor that isn't made anymore either. Stock caliper and mount with +3" longer rear line (we sell all the above stuff).

The ZRX shocks are longer and piccyback. They require replacing the upper shock mount rubber which we salvage from an old shock. Then with the shock mounts being shifted back but the longer shocks the effective lowering is about 1.5"

I had no problems running the curves with the bike in Eureka Springs a couple of weeks ago (and a few guys on here can testify we were cooking the roads).

Sean

Bump

Just to let you guys know, Sean is working on a 3" SwingArm that'll be painted Black to match the Pumpkin (exchanged) which also will be Black with the plastics being painted red. Also, a set of rebuilt piggy back Rear Shocks with Red Springs, matching a set of new PS Front Springs, lowered 1" in the front and 2.5" or so due to the new SwingArm. Also going with a Rear 18" Carrozerria, Black of course. And a full set of Galfer SS Blk lines w/ red adonized Banjo's. I'll be using the Stock Fender for now and I'll show close pics of clearance... And Awesomeness of course!!

Pics to follow..... Hopefully Soon!!

Bump

Just to let you guys know, Sean is working on a 3" SwingArm that'll be painted Black to match the Pumpkin (exchanged) which also will be Black with the plastics being painted red. Also, a set of rebuilt piggy back Rear Shocks with Red Springs, matching a set of new PS Front Springs, lowered 1" in the front and 2.5" or so due to the new SwingArm. Also going with a Rear 18" Carrozerria, Black of course. And a full set of Galfer SS Blk lines w/ red adonized Banjo's. I'll be using the Stock Fender for now and I'll show close pics of clearance... And Awesomeness of course!!

I bet that everything will be incredible.

Thanks Eric!!
She's in the shop now and all should be wrapped up in a month or so...

Lee

Bump

I can't wait to see it your gonna love the rims. Best thing I ever did. I'm doing the belly pan Sean's doing a seat for me now and I'm getting chromed scoops hopefully will be in this week. I'm like a kid at Christmas I can't wait lol.
Yours is gonna look sick. Can't wait to see it.

Sean,

is the standard length, notched and braced swingarm you did for Garrett able to accept a 200 tire on 18" rims? Im considering the CARR wheels and shinko verge 200 tire for the back if it will work.

As noted the 180 is a more ideal fit but the 200 can fit but will usually rub items like the gas tank plastic shield and maybe even inner swingarm notched area. I don't mind a little rubbing myself but some don't like it.

As noted the 180 is a more ideal fit but the 200 can fit but will usually rub items like the gas tank plastic shield and maybe even inner swingarm notched area. I don't mind a little rubbing myself but some don't like it.

Even though a 190 on a kosman weldup 17" rim BARELY fit and needed a washer swap?

Are the kosman rims that much more offset right than OEM ones?

My kosman 17" needed the washer swap for a 190 rear on a 3" notched arm.

Dale

I've got about 4 mm on the left between rubber and swing arm,180/55. 17" tire though, no offset-Kosman bolt together. A 190 would fit right in with a washer swap.

Back