Muscle Swingarms

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really nice lookin work Sean. I'm gonna try an sneak out to the garage maybe this afternoon an try to get my swing arm off and sent your way.
How's your schedule look? I don't want to be overloading you , tends to happen as we get closer to spring,..

we've got a few core arms we can use and send in advance. Saves you downtime.

Sean

Kewl,...That would be good. Do you sell the swing arm bearings , and if you do , how much for them? I like to go back with new bearings when I do an install.
Not to worry about the powder coat,..i can do that here.
That mono shock looks trick.:clapping::punk:

I do have the bearings but I'm not as cheap as Gary can get them for you. But maybe by the time you add shipping of the arm and shipping of the bearings from him we can close that gap up. I don't have the pricing right now - sorry. I like to install new bearings and seals when you get a new arm.

I've got one stock length arm on hand and I may have one 3" over on hand (no shaft). Both are already coated in gloss black though. You can take off $50 if you just need it bare.

Sean

It might be easier to send you mine,...I won't be riding for another month,..we still have ice n snow all over.
I was hoping to get the 3" over, braced with a shaft from you,...PC I can get done here,...but if you had one already PC I'd take it .
I'll get my butt in gear and ship it as soon as I can. I'll sand blast it for you, make it easier to weld.

Sand blast the paint off does make it easier. Shoot me an email and i'll try to check and see what I have on hand right now. It still won't take us long to put one together anyway if you do want to save the few bucks and get it coated where you know the people. I just moved (not the shop) and my welder bought our old house and he is moving in this weekend. By the time you get it here I am sure he can get started on it right away. Probably have it ready within a few weeks turn-around - maybe less.

Sean
[email protected]

Sand blast the paint off does make it easier. Shoot me an email and i'll try to check and see what I have on hand right now. It still won't take us long to put one together anyway if you do want to save the few bucks and get it coated where you know the people. I just moved (not the shop) and my welder bought our old house and he is moving in this weekend. By the time you get it here I am sure he can get started on it right away. Probably have it ready within a few weeks turn-around - maybe less.

Sean
[email protected]

Sean are you talking about the young kid, Ryan I think was his name, buying your house? Nice house for a young kid.

yes, Beths old house wasn't anything fancy but in good condition. 2 bed 1 bath. Our new house is quite a bit larger. Depending on if and when we have any kids we might even have a spare room if you come out again.

Sean

anyone running the 3" over arm need some feedback on how low the rear sits with it.
chris

anyone running the 3" over arm need some feedback on how low the rear sits with it.
chris
Bump!
I'm running a 2" drop in the front and stock height springs on the rear, I don't plan on getting shorter rear springs but would like to run a 3" over S/A at some point. I weigh in at ~265 atm.
My questions:
What does the 3" over S/A does to the rear ride height?
I assume that it would lower it a little but not sure?
Would I need to go with HD springs due to the added leverage on the shocks?
What's the widest tire that fit into this setup?
I'm probably a year or so out on doing this project but just wanted to see what it going to entail to get the job done right.

Bump!
I'm running a 2" drop in the front and stock height springs on the rear, I don't plan on getting shorter rear springs but would like to run a 3" over S/A at some point. I weigh in at ~265 atm.
My questions:
What does the 3" over S/A does to the rear ride height?
I assume that it would lower it a little but not sure?
Would I need to go with HD springs due to the added leverage on the shocks?
What's the widest tire that fit into this setup?
I'm probably a year or so out on doing this project but just wanted to see what it going to entail to get the job done right.

The rear ride height on our normally stretched 3" arm drops around 2". HD springs would be ok but I have ridden on them without that with no problems. We do have another type of method to stretch it 3" but it requires an offset bracket for the diff side (available from PCW though I have one on hand). This would leave it at stock shock position.

Tire width is pretty much the same as stock length arm. BUT, we can actually get a wider tire into a stock length arm since we can notch it deeper and still clear the shaft (extended shaft is thicker).

The 6" over arm has the shock tabs moved forward 1" which raises the bike just a little.

Sean

I have one arm on hand currently that is coated black and being sold at a reduced price. It's identical to the one in post #7. Will do a sale price of $500 plus shipping. The twin hoops are made with chrome moly 1.25" tubing so the lightest of the arms we will make (and possibly the last one with that style).

Still need to get your driveshaft.

Also, You need stock length shocks and this will still lower the bike substantially (2"). Depending on the wheel you use it may eat the fender on the right side. This should not be a problem with the 5.5" or stock type wheel. I had the problem with a 6" wheel.

Email me directly if interested at [email protected]

Sean

Updated pics of the 6" over mono conversion arm.

Sean

Attachments

• 6in over arm and brake bracket coated.jpg
    6in over arm and brake bracket coated.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 127
  • P1014870.jpg
    P1014870.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 135
  • Right View on it's feet.jpg
    Right View on it's feet.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 150
  • Upper Mono Shock Mount 2.jpg
    Upper Mono Shock Mount 2.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 125
That mono shock setup looks nice Sean!
It will be a while before I get to the swingarm extension, probably will go with new wheels before that even. May try to did a little deeper to get my swingarm braced this year though. Maybe I'll just send it alng with the engine and have you brace it up...we'll see how the funds are coming along at the first of the year.

brian. just put away your $50 to eat ramen until april and send sean the bike as a whole! haha

brian. just put away your $50 to eat ramen until april and send sean the bike as a whole! haha
Or I could just eat ramen noodles for 2 years and buy a used 2010! I want one so bad, I should have never rode one in June so now I really want to try one that I can really twist the grip on! So much DIFFERENT than a gen1 it's, it's, it's just really nice, comfortable and fasssst. The gen1 one is a one of a kind for sure but so is the gen2.
VMAX's are just awesome!:punk:

So when you do a 3" swingarm extension do you end up moving the locating tab for the braking bar?

You were saying the rear wheel MIGHT contact the fender. Is that only with a 6" wide wheel? Would a 18" x 5.5" wheel with stock offset work without hitting the fender when the suspension fully compresses?

If I have 12.5" Progressive 440's would that put the rear end super low? Would I be better off with stock length shocks? HD springs recommended? I've heard you can buy HD springs from progressive and swap them onto your 440 shocks with standard springs and that 12.5" and 13" 440's take the same P/N. Any insight into that?

Latest posts

Back