Must read!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreamster66

Reaction score
my g/f posted this for me on her facebook....TRUE STORY!

ok, so get this... got a call from corning police dept this afternoon looking for randy. before they informed me of who they were, i asked to take a message since randy was at work. they said that they were calling because there was a motorcycle parked on the side of chestnut street without plates and it was registered to him...
i told the policeman that randy owned a bike, but that it was at work with him and most certainly had plates! again, the cop states that the motorcycle parked there is registered to randy. they said that it was a maroon 1983 honda nighthawk... i told them that randy's bike is a yamaha vmax. at any rate... they insisted that randy contact them immediately...
randy ends up having to go over to the police dept cuz when he called over, they just put him through to voice
photo.php
mail. the policemen explain the situation to him as well. turns out that it's a bike that randy owned and sold about 6 years ago. ...the person he sold it to never had it re-registered or even had the title switched over. someone abandoned it on the street so when a neighbor called the police about it and they ran a check, it still comes back to randy. if nobody comes and gets it in 48 hours, he is entitled to go pick it up and bring it home.
... if nobody has picked it up by friday, he can go get it. the guy that called the police about the bike being there came outside and spoke to randy when he stopped over to see it, said that a younger guy pushed it there and just left it. makes no sense at all! not sure if someone stole it and dumped it off or what...

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 96
Free Bike, Take it.... Is this Cool , or what. Order a new Title with your name on it and it's yours for the 2nd time.....

Not a bad looking bike yet..............Hopefully the impound/storage fees are not more than the scoot is worth.........................

Not a bad looking bike yet..............Hopefully the impound/storage fees are not more than the scoot is worth.........................

no impounding....the local fuzz said if its there friday, they will call me and I can come trailer it right off the street!
FREE!!!!!!

no impounding....the local fuzz said if its there friday, they will call me and I can come trailer it right off the street!
FREE!!!!!!

The gods are smiling on you Randy!! :clapping:

What's the NYS DMV replacement title cost these days....like $6 or something??? Not a bad price for a nice little bike like that!!

You don't still have the extra key by any chance, do you? :rofl_200:

The gods are smiling on you Randy!! :clapping:

What's the NYS DMV replacement title cost these days....like $6 or something??? Not a bad price for a nice little bike like that!!

You don't still have the extra key by any chance, do you? :rofl_200:
I might....gotta look tho...been 6 whole yrs!
if not, local locksmith would be 20-25 bucks to re key!

like a early xmas, congrads hahahah take her home enjoy the reunion

always fun to get back one you've had before, too... especially if it's free ;]

Cool!!:punk:

Now, sell it again

or is it stalking you??????

dad um..da dum...da dum....

Cool is a free used to own bike (get a lost title). Not Cool is one that a "young guy pushed there" since it's probably broken (though maybe out of gas).

Sean

Cool is a free used to own bike (get a lost title). Not Cool is one that a "young guy pushed there" since it's probably broken (though maybe out of gas).

Sean

the cops checked with the whole neighborhood before tagging it.... might have been stolen out of a garage and dumped there.....if I do go get it, I'll keep it in the garage for 90 days with the popo knowing how to contact me.
(just like impound....lol)

Hey.. that would be a good learner bike for my wife!

Been looking for one of those.

sad sad sad....bike was there this morning....after work....gone! :sad2:

It's just as well......6 years of back taxes and registration penalties might be more than the bike was worth to bring it up to date for resale.

Back