My 01 Kaw ZRX1200 called my 92 V-max a "slow bike". Let us see if it is true.....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You also have a motorcycle that is going against a 16 year old design and technology. Per your hyperlinks to Motorcyclespecs.co.za, the 1985-1987 V-Max runs the standing 1/4 mile in 10.8 seconds. The Kawasaki runs the standing 1/4 mile in 10.9 seconds.
As Sean pointed out, the V-Max is heavier at 560 pounds dry weight. The Kawasaki is 491.6 pounds dry weight or 68 pounds lighter. No one ever lists test rider weight in the specs.

One tenth of a second difference is pretty good for a shaft drive cruiser vs a racing inspired chain drive sport bike.

I have a buddy with a ZRex12. He is considerably heavier than I am and, dated technology or not, that difference is a great equalizer.
0C7CFC55-DCDE-48F8-8B9B-AE23E71CD62C.jpeg

Just launch the vmax out of the hole. Not to many bikes.can leave the line.like a vmax. Red light to red light. A vmax (with a knowledgeable rider.)
Is hard to beat.

Latest posts

Back