My 1986 vmax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I assume you have radials on those wheels? They look like PM wheels-$$$.

Progressive Suspension (PS) short shocks & a dropped front end, probably PS fork springs & internally lowered.

Is it a single caliper, 6 pistons front brake? Maybe Sean Morley sourced.

Kerker 4/1? Sucks you can't have a centerstand. I suspect a Dynojet Stage 7 carb kit, or Morley's Muscle. I don't see the breather tube into the oil filler cap.

Looks like someone cared for it & spent some bucks.

I just bought an 85 max yesterday! Its going into the Honda dealer for new fork replacement but i was wondering if anyone has the stock handlebars to it!

I expect you're gonna spend $1,000 parts and labor, if you're getting replacement fork downtubes, going to the dealer.

If you meant, "getting new fork seals," then it won't be so-bad, but the parts & labor will still be several hundred dollars, from a dealer. Don't be surprised if they come-up with all-sorts of things that need to be done to make it safe, in their inspection of your bike.

I do have some new aftermarket fork tube options for the early forks. I may even have some good used forks here that we could prep/build and provide on exchange or outright. I have handlebar options as well though not sure how many stock bars I have (most take them off and replace them with our superbike bars).

Latest posts

Back