1st Gen V-Max My 2001 VMax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Umm, just do your research according to dimensions and style. Dia of the tube is 22mm. Mine is what was called a mini apehanger when I bought it. View attachment 85540
Jack - Bike looks amazing, clearly alot of thought went into the mods. Regarding your engine, can I assume you had it sand/bead/ice blasted ? looks killer.

Thank you CYA, the look of the bike, what I wanted, was clear from the start. It was really interesting to build it.

I wet-sandblasted the engine with a pressure washer and an auxiliary kit made for that. Then I coated it with WD-40 and the engine heat bakes it in. Stays clean. Black anodizing on bolts for detailed looks. I've had the bike ready for 2,5 years and never wash it, only wipe it. I moved to Texas and the bike is with me.

Did the same thing to front shock bodies and clutch and brake reservoir to stand out from the black handlebars.

It's what I call it a "Sportster Fatboy Vmax".

Attachments

• IMG_20230902_115658293.jpg
    IMG_20230902_115658293.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Your bike has an integrated look, a theme well-carried-out. To someone who knows the VMax, they can appreciate what you went through to get that appearance.
1693919039665.png
I/m not familiar with that can on the exhaust, not the c-f one, but what I assume to be a transverse collector just in front of the end cans. You have dual exhausts, yes? What size are the wheels? I have a set of Fatboy wheels, sitting around... . With the look the bike has overall, you don't really miss the scoops. Is that black piece between the fat bob tanks and the radiator, also on the other side? Can you post a few pics of the entire bike? One I'd like to see is the front end. Are the tins around the headlight H-D?

Last edited:
FM, you are right about the exhaust, it's a brainchild of mine and there is another equal silencer on the other side. My bike has very distinctive and different sound to other Vmax systems. The black piece is on the other side as well. This black piece is actually the original side cover that has be shortened and reshaped. And yes, the tin in the front is modified Harley Davidson pieces. The most difficult piece to think, design and fabricate was the seat. It has the Vmax original quick-lock and you just push the lever, lift it up and fuel it, or do work under there. It is a stretched and reshaped original Vmax seat. You can see my two videos in YouTube and hear it run. Search Custom Vmax and they will pop up. I took the videos back in the city of Lahti, Finland where I built the bike before I moved back to the States.

I mean, I surely can explain to you guys how, what and such but I'm a bit overwhelmed by this. You really want me to? I can but feels like too much, like I'd be bragging. Up to you.

Last edited:
The wheels are 18x5,5 inches in the back and 19x3,5 inches in the front. I made them myself so nobody else has the same set. Wanted to mimick Fatboy and Centerline Auto Drag.

But this topic is not about my stuff. Let's continue someplace else.

FM, maybe you could move this last part about my bike to the thread where I originally introduced my bike. Would be more appropriate.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back