My 3rd Vmax Build

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulVmax

Reaction score
Hello Gents,

I have completed my 3rd Vmax build which is my second gen 1 build.

If you are interested I have pictures and etc through out the build.

In a nutshell The build included.
  • Machine work (Milling and turning) (The wheel centres and modified brake discs)
  • Vapour Blasting
  • Welding
  • Engine work (Valve train)
  • Electrics over-hall (Including home made earth wire mod and COP's)
  • Powder blasting and paint.
  • Full Carb refurb with ultra sonic cleaning.
  • Clutch basket and Barnet Clutch.
I plan to change the following

• Paint work to a burgundy colour. (Decals added)
  • Some final detailing i.e use of cable meshing.
  • A Jetting Kit and a 4 into 1 exhaust.
  • Custom instrument cluster.

View attachment 20210410_115751.mp4

Nice bike ! What tailight are you using? I am thinking about something like that for my bike.

Screenshot (250).png
A bit larger. Looks good. Did you have the cases/block/heads vapour-blasted? A shop here in so. FL gets $350 for a complete engine, sounds steep to me.

I like an orange bike. Can anyone do a pic of the bike with (1) silver and then (2) black scoops? Two different renditions. I think that would visually 'slim' the bike's appearance.

Last edited:
View attachment 81841
A bit larger. Looks good. Did you have the cases/block/heads vapour-blasted? A shop here in so. FL gets $350 for a complete engine, sounds steep to me.
I got the engine glass bead blasted then vapour blasted for 250 quid.

I like an orange bike. Can anyone do a pic of the bike with (1) silver and then (2) black scoops? Two different renditions. I think that would visually 'slim' the bike's appearance.

Very nice result. At first I was skeptical. Lots of people are very quick to throw the term "build" around with regards to tinkering on classic motorcycles. Bolt a couple of off-the-shelf parts onto it and call it a build.

You definitely earned the right on this one!

Love it! That naked motor and wheels look, has to be a first that really works!
Anyone who has a mill-finish appearance engine in a VMax, first thing I'd do, is check to see if it's a swap-in Venture engine for a blown V-max powerplant. Most people don't bother swapping-out the case covers and the valve covers, a dead give-away. There are a few casting differences too on the cases. You can also check the engine #'s too, though as Sean is fond of pointing out, the later model 1300cc Venture cases are a cheap hop-up to gain HP.

Great looking and sounding bike. One thing: the scoop intake screens being black would be awesome.

Back