1st Gen V-Max My 85 custom

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VMAX1260

Supporting Member
Reaction score
VMax Year
Originaly 85 . Everything changed so my electric are after 90. Gsxr 1000 k1 front end. Coo triple trees . Max daddy rear 17 wheel. Pcw fcr. 4-2-1-2 marks header setup exhaust 7 inch jeep wrangler led headlight lits of chrome and many many other stuff

Attachments

• IMG_20210613_215117_192.jpg
    IMG_20210613_215117_192.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_20210613_205904.jpg
    IMG_20210613_205904.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_20210610_004311.jpg
    IMG_20210610_004311.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_20210609_142857_629.jpg
    IMG_20210609_142857_629.jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_20210609_092338.jpg
    IMG_20210609_092338.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_20210609_002350.jpg
    IMG_20210609_002350.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 65
  • Facebook_2.mp4
    4.9 MB
  • IMG_20210514_181426.jpg
    IMG_20210514_181426.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_20210514_182141.jpg
    IMG_20210514_182141.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_20210514_182154.jpg
    IMG_20210514_182154.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 46
1260 , isthat a long rod ? My buddy back in the day upgraded to 1260 .... Didnt notice a bump at the track so went to 1428 ..... I followed him and did a 1500 ...Phil

Hey was that nitrous i see on the side there in a pic ? pretty sure it is ....i cut a hole in my seat and hid the bottle under the back passenger seat .... :) i dropped about 1/2 second off my times when i was running at 1200 CC ..... its serious stuff but i was young and had no idea how to properly run nitrous ..blew my engine up twice ..... the 1500 was almost a full 2 seconds quicker than stock .... FYI ...

Hey was that nitrous i see on the side there in a pic ? pretty sure it is ....i cut a hole in my seat and hid the bottle under the back passenger seat .... :) i dropped about 1/2 second off my times when i was running at 1200 CC ..... its serious stuff but i was young and had no idea how to properly run nitrous ..blew my engine up twice ..... the 1500 was almost a full 2 seconds quicker than stock .... FYI ...
i had nitrous on a previous set up. but on this one. this an oil catch can cause with the fcr's i dont have a filter box.

Long rods can be done to any CC size. The intent is to improve the rod/stroke ratio so it can live easier with less stress and higher rpm's. It is 2mm longer and a different pin offset is required in the pistons so they will continue to clear the heads/valves.

Hey Sean just curious how you got started and chose the vmax? Your a freaking walking and talking legend with anything vmax just wanted to know what drove you to get this deep into this bike? I think the obvious is because it's a badass bike but had to be something else involved id think.

Reactions: PAW
Well he is a legend today but when he first started out , there were already 20 year legends lurking in the VMOA , i'm sure Sean will attest to this.... Is awesome that he has become the expert ... John Gainey is the ultimate legend IMHO but is an idiot savant and calling him yesterday proves yet again what a flake the dood is .... I sent him my vmax and he took 2 or 3 years to give it back to me which was a 3 - 6 month handshake turnaround.....Played games with payment , me ULTIMATELY paying him in full to get my bike back ... I was so friggin close to flying to New York to get my bike back.

I am VERY reluctant to use him again but was getting desperate and reached out to him yesterday ..... ... He didnt answer the phone but says in his message , leave a text on this number... I leave a text ME: Hey John , Phil Cummings, are you still taking on projects , HIM: YES ME When are you available to talk HIM: CRICKETS...... Typical .... why reply immediately then nothing ....

I was trying to get my bike in the 9's , i spent a decade racing it and tweaking it .... I run at 5800 Feet in Colorado so Altitude is 20 percent .... John would help with theoretical why its not producing but was real hit / miss .... When i met Sean, i was headed to Wichita to run in the 9's by god for the first time ever .... My bike ran sick , almost killed myself launching with the extra 20 percent HP at pretty much sea level . I did the biggest hole shot wheelie i have ever done and fell over the front of my handle bars but hung on and didnt die :) ha ... serious was so much power out of the hole all at once i wasn't use to ..... However when i finished my passes that day , i ran a 10.1 at like 140 MPH , i ran 10.2 in colorado at 133- 134 mph .... ultimately after a decade, i figured it out .... the effing fuel filter off the top of the gas tank was restricting my fuel and causing me to lean out on the back end of a quarter mile , hence my trap speeds were always way low ... After figuring it out , i ran out in colorado and my first pass was 3 MPH faster than i have ever run in Colorado ... 2nd pass my bike blew up .... i trailered it home and ran thru some basic checks , pulled my lockup clutch cuz i thought it was that but it wasnt ..... I then when thru personal stuff , divorce, sold my home moved...etc and its been sitting for about 5 years, gave it to a hayabusa mechanic and he sat on it for 3 years.... He did rebuild the heads and of course Gainey was the guy in the background ..... However he feels i have a fuel system delivery issue .... i havent even turned the key but once since i got it last year..

I'm pretty sure i can figure out my bike and have its over 205 HP back alive again .... My busa is cute compared to my vmax :) ....

I babble here to get myself thinking about the past ..... the members such as OLD Man, Jon from ufo cycles and the guy that was going for the speed record forgot his name that have left us .... That forum produced tons and tons of great input from alot of vmax folks..

Vmoa Members ...

anyhow .... I'm getting the itch ...

You are thinking of Bill Warner who set records with the VMAX and then who unfortunately died trying to break the motorcycle speed record

ah , yes... Spoke with Bill on more than one occaision .... Was a good guy .... Was really rooting for him .... Thanks

btw, i meant to say i ran a 10.1 at 136 in Wichita....it should have been close to 145 ....

On my first go round with ‘86 Vmax I was a member of the VMOA for about 10 years. Tons of good info and people. Then there started to be a lot of infighting for some reason. I’m thinking WTH is this? We’re here to talk about, meet up, etc. because of our love of the Vmax. Let membership lapse after that.

Well he is a legend today but when he first started out , there were already 20 year legends lurking in the VMOA , i'm sure Sean will attest to this.... Is awesome that he has become the expert ... John Gainey is the ultimate legend IMHO but is an idiot savant and calling him yesterday proves yet again what a flake the dood is .... I sent him my vmax and he took 2 or 3 years to give it back to me which was a 3 - 6 month handshake turnaround.....Played games with payment , me ULTIMATELY paying him in full to get my bike back ... I was so friggin close to flying to New York to get my bike back.

I am VERY reluctant to use him again but was getting desperate and reached out to him yesterday ..... ... He didnt answer the phone but says in his message , leave a text on this number... I leave a text ME: Hey John , Phil Cummings, are you still taking on projects , HIM: YES ME When are you available to talk HIM: CRICKETS...... Typical .... why reply immediately then nothing ....

I was trying to get my bike in the 9's , i spent a decade racing it and tweaking it .... I run at 5800 Feet in Colorado so Altitude is 20 percent .... John would help with theoretical why its not producing but was real hit / miss .... When i met Sean, i was headed to Wichita to run in the 9's by god for the first time ever .... My bike ran sick , almost killed myself launching with the extra 20 percent HP at pretty much sea level . I did the biggest hole shot wheelie i have ever done and fell over the front of my handle bars but hung on and didnt die :) ha ... serious was so much power out of the hole all at once i wasn't use to ..... However when i finished my passes that day , i ran a 10.1 at like 140 MPH , i ran 10.2 in colorado at 133- 134 mph .... ultimately after a decade, i figured it out .... the effing fuel filter off the top of the gas tank was restricting my fuel and causing me to lean out on the back end of a quarter mile , hence my trap speeds were always way low ... After figuring it out , i ran out in colorado and my first pass was 3 MPH faster than i have ever run in Colorado ... 2nd pass my bike blew up .... i trailered it home and ran thru some basic checks , pulled my lockup clutch cuz i thought it was that but it wasnt ..... I then when thru personal stuff , divorce, sold my home moved...etc and its been sitting for about 5 years, gave it to a hayabusa mechanic and he sat on it for 3 years.... He did rebuild the heads and of course Gainey was the guy in the background ..... However he feels i have a fuel system delivery issue .... i havent even turned the key but once since i got it last year..

I'm pretty sure i can figure out my bike and have its over 205 HP back alive again .... My busa is cute compared to my vmax :) ....

I babble here to get myself thinking about the past ..... the members such as OLD Man, Jon from ufo cycles and the guy that was going for the speed record forgot his name that have left us .... That forum produced tons and tons of great input from alot of vmax folks..

Vmoa Members ...

anyhow .... I'm getting the itch ...
i own my bike for 20 years. you made a post refering John, i dont know him , he never helped me. Sean on the other hand, he has. I am from Greece, it is very difficult to find custom made for our bikes. Sean neverd failed me. He i such a great guy to deal with cause you know that he knows that shit. A guy that i have not met , has helped me building my bike , in way many people that know me didnt. every time i asked for something he was there to reply, every time i needed something hi got me covered, i wont forget the exhaust system i have on my bike , i got it delivered without even paying the shipping costs to Greece. i am not rich, i am just horny with this bike. Sean received monthly payments from a guy he even hasnt met in real life. I think we are lucky that a good person is a master fro our class , cause a good person gave thousand advices to many of us without thinking of getting paid for his knowledge

Sean is a one of a kind stand up guy no other way to look at it. I'm sure there are other guys like him in the world but they aren't as available as he makes himself on a daily basis thanks again Sean. Fire medic I don't want to forget about you either your in that same category thanks for the knowledge you guys help with its much appreciated. You to captain Kyle thanks.

Back