my best dog ever has kalazar

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VMAX1260

Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have a british bulldog , his name is BULLY'S. he is 4 years old. i have him since he was 2 months old. i noticed some days ago that he wasnt very energy, his breath was smelling more than usual and when he was walking it was like his legs hurt him. went to the vet and he diagnosed KALAZAR.
This dog is my best friend ever he is beside me every day and every night. even when i was away for missions with my unit the dog was coming with me. everybody in my unit loved my dog. he was like a mascot.He is very courage and very kind and polite dog.
he needs immidiate med's very expencive ones here in greece
the most expencive is a medication called MILTEFORAN. it cost about 120 euros per 10kg weight. mine is 30 and i dont know for how long this med must be taken.
for sure i am gonna leave behind my nitrous setup i was planning to do on my bike. have the most things but i will spend every last penny on my best firend.

Attachments

• IMGP0121.jpg
    IMGP0121.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMGP0126.jpg
    IMGP0126.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC00129.jpg
    DSC00129.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC00274.jpg
    DSC00274.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMGP0025.jpg
    IMGP0025.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 12
  • Εικόνα0029.jpg
    Εικόνα0029.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Εικόνα219.jpg
    Εικόνα219.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC00263.jpg
    DSC00263.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 13
  • 16022008022.jpg
    16022008022.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMGP0116.jpg
    IMGP0116.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC00131.jpg
    DSC00131.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC00403.jpg
    DSC00403.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 33
  • DSC00400.jpg
    DSC00400.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC00327.jpg
    DSC00327.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC00098.jpg
    DSC00098.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC00096.jpg
    DSC00096.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC00091.jpg
    DSC00091.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC00092.jpg
    DSC00092.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 15
  • 23022008027.jpg
    23022008027.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC00333.jpg
    DSC00333.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 12
oh man so sorry to hear that. i would do the same thing in your shoes. best of luck brother.

Man George,really hate to hear that.My wife and I are dog lovers too having three pit bulls. They are your family and best friends and when it comes time to taking care of them you do what ever it takes. We recently spent over $2,000 in vet bills and operations to try and save our little 8 year old Lexy who had cancerous tumors and we finally had to just let her go. It's very hard to see them down and in pain. I had to do some research on Kalazar to find out it's a parasite and with Miltefosine meds in phase III there is a 95% recovery rate. Prayers and best wishes go out to you, your family and Bully's for a speedy recovery.He's a fine looking boy! Mike

would the meds be cheaper here? maybe one of us could get them here and ship to you? my thoughts are of BULLY'S health,best of luck!

i didn't even think of that. my g/f is an ex-vet tech so maybe she could help. i can ask her later today.

Milteforan looks like exclusively manufactured by Virbac. Other trade names that may be used possibly Miltefosine, Impavido,Miltex to treat Leishmaniasis Disease. Need to check with a Vet (possibly other vets) and all would probably require a prescription. Good luck. Mike

you know i get really soft hearted when it comes to our little buddies. ive got a 4 yo husky/lab and i love him to death. there is no amount of money too large id spend on him. wives, kids, anything... but nothing is like the UNRELENTING love a dog has for his owner... and its only us that can be the best friend they can ever have. you know, its being at the side door EVERY day i come home from work and jumping up and down is absolutely the best part of my day, no matter how bad its been.

i wish you and your pup the best, and i completely understand the emotional attachment to your boy. i can feel it by your post.

im just one dog lover sharing his thoughts to all pet owners... heres some pics of Odin.

peace,
evan...

Attachments

• odin 015.jpg
    odin 015.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 18
  • random 002.jpg
    random 002.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 20
  • mar 3 07 048.jpg
    mar 3 07 048.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 19
  • mar 3 07 018.jpg
    mar 3 07 018.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 17
  • mar 3 07 019.jpg
    mar 3 07 019.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 19
  • odin 005.jpg
    odin 005.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 19
  • odin 001.jpg
    odin 001.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3660.jpg
    IMG_3660.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3648.jpg
    IMG_3648.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 20
i I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN AN ANIMAL LOVER , YEARS AGO WHEN I HAD GOTTEN DIVORCED , I HAD A ROTTWEILER , HE WAS REAL TALL AND LANKY , LIKE A DEER , BUT THOUGHT HE WAS A BLACK LAB. HE WOULD LICK YOU TO DEATH , HE LOVED EVERYBODY ! .. AFTER THE DIVORCE , I DIDN'T EVEN DATE FOR A YEAR AND A HALF , ME AND " TYLER " THE ROTTWEILER , WENT EVERYWHERE TOGETHER , WE WOULD GET UP ON THE WEEK-ENDS AT 2:AM AND DRIVE TO THE TIP OF SOUTH JERSEY TO THE BEACH AND WATCH THE SUN COME UP , AND READ THE PAPER AND TALK TO THE LOCAL POLICE , IT WAS GREAT ! .. AFTER OVER $9,000.00 IN VET BILLS , HE DIDN'T MAKE 6 YEARS OLD , ALL OF THE SUDDEN HE STOPPED EATING AND DRINKING , NOT 2 WEEKS LATER HE WAS DIAGNOSED WITH A TUMOR , THEY SAID THERES NOTHING THEY CAN DO , I WAS READY TO SELL MY HOUSE TO PAY FOR WHATEVER IT TOOK TO NOT LOSE HIM ! . I HAD HIM FOR ANOTHER 2 WEEKS , I TOOK HIM DOWN TO SOUTH JERSEY FOR HIS LAST DAY'S WITH ME , HE KNEW IT WAS THE END , IT ALMOST KILLED ME , AND IT STILL DOES ! .. I SAT HOME AFTER THAT FOR 6 MONTHS , I WAS A LOST SOUL ! ... I DREW A TATTOO WITH A CROSS & HIS NAME ON IT AND HAD IT TATTOOED ON MY CHEST BACK-WARDS , SO I'M THE ONLY ONE THAT CAN READ IT AND SEE IT CORRECTLY ( WHEN I STAND IN FRONT OF A MIRROR ) SO I SEE IT EVERY DAY , AND AM REMINDED OF HIS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE ! .. I HAD HIM CREMATED , AND HE IS IN A BIG URN ABOVE MY DESK WITH HIS NAME ENGRAVED ON IT ! .. " TYLER BARRETT " ... HE'S IN THE BOTTOM RIGHT OF THE FIRST PICTURE ... I AM VERY GLAD THAT I DID THAT BECAUSE HE IS RIGHT HERE WITH ME ! ... SO I CAN FEEL YOUR PAIN , I CANT HELP YOU OUT BEING SO FAR AWAY , BUT IF YOU PM ME YOUR ADDRESS I WILL SEND YOU $100.00 TO HELP YOU OUT WITH THE MEDICATIONS !

Attachments

• 100_0807.jpg
    100_0807.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 26
  • 100_1385.jpg
    100_1385.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 100_1387.jpg
    100_1387.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 14
  • 100_1394.jpg
    100_1394.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
We have had Great Danes for years and just love'em like family. have spent thousands and would do it again. I pray your pup heals soon and completly.
Lew

i I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN AN ANIMAL LOVER , YEARS AGO WHEN I HAD GOTTEN DIVORCED , I HAD A ROTTWEILER , HE WAS REAL TALL AND LANKY LIKE A DEER , BUT THOUGHT HE WAS A BLACK LAB. HE WOULD LICK YOU TO DEATH ! .. AFTER THE DIVORCE , I DIDN'T EVEN DATE FOR A YEAR AND A HALF , ME AND " TYLER " THE ROTTWEILER , WENT EVERYWHERE TOGETHER , WE WOULD GET UP ON THE WEEK-ENDS AT 2:AM AND DRIVE TO THE TIP OF SOUTH JERSEY TO THE BEACH AND WATCH THE SUN COME UP , AND READ THE PAPER AND TALK TO THE LOCAL POLICE , IT WAS GREAT ! AFTER OVER $9,000.00 IN VET BILLS , HE DIDN'T MAKE 6 YEARS OLD , ALL OF THE SUDDEN HE STOPPED EATING AND DRINKING , NOT 2 WEEKS LATER HE WAS DIAGNOSED WITH A TUMOR , THEY SAID THERES NOTHING THEY CAN DO , I WAS READY TO SELL MY HOUSE TO PAY FOR WHATEVER IT TOOK TO NOT LOSE HIM ! I HAD HIM FOR ANOTHER 2 WEEKS , I TOOK HIM DOWN TO SOUTH JERSEY FOR HIS LAST DAY'S WITH ME , HE KNEW IT WAS THE END , IT ALMOST KILLED ME , AND IT STILL DOES ! .. I SAT HOME AFTER THAT FOR 6 MONTHS , I WAS A LOST SOUL ! ... I DREW A TATTOO WITH A CROSS & HIS NAME ON IT AND HAD IT TATTOOED ON MY CHEST BACK-WARDS , SO , I'M THE ONLY ONE THAT CAN READ IT AND SEE IT CORRECTLY ( WHEN I STAND IN FRONT OF A MIRROR ) SO I SEE IT EVERY DAY , AND AM REMINDED OF HIS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE ! .. I HAD HIM CREMATED , AND HE IS IN A BIG URN ABOVE MY DESK WITH HIS NAME ENGRAVED ON IT ! .. " TYLER BARRETT " ... HE'S IN THE BOTTOM RIGHT PICTURE ... I AM VERY GLAD THAT I DID THAT BECAUSE HE IS RIGHT HERE WITH ME ! ... SO I CAN FEEL YOUR PAIN , I CANT HELP YOU OUT BEING SO FAR AWAY , BUT IF YOU PM ME YOUR ADDRESS I WILL SEND YOU $100.00 TO HELP YOU OUT WITH THE MEDICATIONS !

this 4 legs friends can steal out heart. they always be there for us and all they ask is love. thank you for help for the money. but i dont feel right taking them . you are a good man Coprunner. thank for all the support.

i WHATS THE LATEST ON " BULLY'S " ? .. HOW'S HE DOING ?

this is the fifth day on his meds, all the previous days was in one corner on his bed not moving , lied down. today he started standing a little bit and try noticing what is going arround him. the previous days if war was all around him he didnt care. but today he started moving his ears when he hear footsteps in the house and after 3 days he did his "thing" outside. some wounds on his fit are going away,( i wash the wounds 2 times a day with surgical shampoo). the vet told me in 10 days after he started the meds i will see difference if the dog is going to make it. i dont how to tell you but he seems "more secure" from what i saw today. i ll keep you posted Cop Runner in 5 days. i hope my buddy can stand on his feet more reguralry. Thanks for your interest man . realy i do

george, i looked into the local vet place and they're going to double check but dont' think they can get that medicine legally for me.

Latest posts

Back