My boys first ride

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lawman504

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I wanted to share a moment with you all. It isn't so much a "riding event" so to speak and I don't have any pictures to share but it was a ride that only happens ONCE ever. So, its obvious I am a noob here and that's because I just bought my '85 VMAX a few days ago. I sold my '99 Suzuki Katana in order to get one because for the past 10 years I have drooled all over my buddies '92 custom yellow VMAX with a Holeshot exhaust on it. Last summer I decided that my son Rion who is 10 years old now was old enough to take some rides with me on my Katana. I thought this would be good father/son time but he absolutely refused because he was scared he would fall off. I tried and tried to convince him to get on that thing and even went as low as to bribe him with ice cream and other goodies...hahah!! Still, no Rion on my Katana. Yesterday I was rubbing my bike with a microfiber towel like i have been over and over again since I got it and Rion says to me "dad i really like your VMAX, do we have a helmet that fits me?" I jumped up and grabbed a spare helmet from out of the garage and cleaned the dust off of it and told him to try it on. He did and it fit like a glove. He told me that he wanted to ride with me on my VMAX and i got all excited and I couldn't get it warmed up fast enough. I will never forget yesterday as long as I live. We rode maybe 25-30 miles and it was only the second time I had ever rode a VMAX. He LOVED IT!!! I kept looking at him in my mirror and he was grinning from ear to ear. We got back and he said "I'm hooked dad, can we ride it again tomorrow?" What a moment to remember. I guess its just part of the magic of a VMAX and how much of a bad ass bike it is. Just wanted to share my moment of a boy, his dad, and a VMAX.:th_stophierPeeingIn

Wish I had a dad that was around like that for me your both lucky to have that bond .
I can see him wanting a British vmax at 16. ;-)

That's cool. I'm sure it's just the beginning for you two. All my kids love to ride. first time I took my daughter out, I stopped at a light. a lady pulled up beside me, and was waving at me. I was confused at first, then I figured out my daughter was waving at everybody, with a big grin. She was 9.

That's cool. I'm sure it's just the beginning for you two. All my kids love to ride. first time I took my daughter out, I stopped at a light. a lady pulled up beside me, and was waving at me. I was confused at first, then I figured out my daughter was waving at everybody, with a big grin. She was 9.

That's awesome. Rion is way too "cool" to act like its a big deal to others. He has to remain calm cool and collected but you can tell he his ready to bust with excitement inside. lol

Very cool! I have a picture of me and my oldest daughter on her first Vmax ride. I have one of the younger daughter on here first bike ride (on a goldwing). AND I have an old one showing me and my brother on our first solo rides on mom and dads bikes (though it was on a trailer lol).

Sean

Attachments

• First Ride - Staci 2005 small.JPG
    First Ride - Staci 2005 small.JPG
    131.5 KB · Views: 40
  • Steph First Ride.jpg
    Steph First Ride.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 38
  • Sean and Dans First Bike Ride.jpg
    Sean and Dans First Bike Ride.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 37
Thanks for sharing Sean. Those pictures are awesome and something to be proud of. Wasn't anyone to take our picture but i'm gonna find somebody the next time. Gotta wait for this snow to stop falling and melt away first.
realmad.gif

Awesome story! My son is 4, and I can hardly wait to take him for a ride. I have been taking him out on my old 3 wheeler since he was 3 and he LOVES it!

thanks for sharing such a wonderful moment. everything you said about the Vmagic is true. i
took the daughter to the macky d's across the bridge as our first ride. she loves spending as much time as she can with papa
uploadfromtaptalk1364329148796.jpg

Regards from my Taptalking Hercules Android

Last edited:
thanks for sharing such a wonderful moment. everything you said about the Vmagic is true. i
took the daughter to the macky d's across the bridge as our first ride. she loves spending as much time as she can with papa
View attachment 35152

Regards from my Taptalking Hercules Android

hey ninjaneer, how old is that pic. Your tail light jumped right out at me, and stock exhaust. :eusa_dance:

I have a "loaner" set of rear peg risers if someone needs to borrow them. I don't think I will need them for another few years before the little man is big enough to ride with dad.

i cant wait for the day. ive got an 18 month old boy that enjoys hanging out with dad... for those parents who want to take thier kids out but are nervous. check this out....

http://www.riderzragz.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=18&chapter=1

ill be getting one. i think next year when my son is 3 i may take him out, but time will gauge his interest.

thanks for sharing all the pics, i will post when its my turn. it sure makes me excited for my son to experience the freedom of a bike.

peace,
evan...

Back