my creations

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

usineux

Reaction score
This 2 of my creation :eusa_dance:

mar161687oy.jpg

150000035qa.jpg

Love that creation of yours, I just hope I don't miss bidding next time.
I only found it in French ebay? I don't speak French but will try to bid anyway.
very nice taste you have!!!

Lew L said:
Think I'll fire up the milling machine and make one of those links.
Make a few of them and get them plated while you're at it Lew. Let me know when you're done and I'll send you my "ship to".:whistlin:

I really like those end caps - sweet job - 2 thumbs up.

But what is second picture of ??? The long piece with all the holes and that dark rod beside it.... maybe I'll figure it out but for now I just can't see the light. Sorry - somebody smack me will ya.

Thanks Turbostang for the info :)

Last edited:
yea, I'm diging the exhaust caps myself. Adds a very nice "updated" look to the stock cans.

Would be very interested is something like that in a nice gloss black. Oh yea, and an idiots guide for installation.

Could some one please tell me how much the brake caliper rod costs????

I've started to make a couple of them on the old Bridgeport ( no CNC in my poor little high school shop). They will look simular to the ones pictrued above. Hand polishing is very time consuming so we'll see. Sending them out to have them chromed or powder coated means I only have to leave off the last step of hand polishing ( any flaws or machine marks will show with chrome or PC) so it's still time consuming.

Lew

The version the VMOA sells that has VMAX engraved costs $65.

Bridgeport is fine for that purpose. Once you make a setup, you can knock them out pretty fast. I was only joking on the plating and or polishing, that's something the buyer can do to his liking.

Well, I "knocked out" 2 struts today that are mostly finished---- maybe another hour or so. I'll probably have them powder coated with a chrome like finish or maybe some wild color:eusa_dance:
I'd consider these my prototypes and the learning curve for the setup was actuall pretty flat.

If there is an interest here I can gear up to make more of them?????
$55 + S/H with a machined finish.
Lew

Well, now I've got two finished struts sitting in the kitchen. One will soon go on my Max. I'll probably make two more and see if you guys are interested.
Lew

Lew L said:
So, Is there any interest or do I put them under the tree with a bow???

I'd be interested but because I have a 17 inch rim on the back, the brace had to be modified with an offset, so I would need something custom.

Hi Kelly,
I'm using 6061-T6 Aluminum. It machines well( espcially when I remember to use a quality cutting fluid). I fitted my prototype on the Max an hour ago and it does look much,much better than that wonderful piece of heavy black pipe that Yamaha uses.
If I knew how to post pictures I would:confused2:

Didn't I make you a bar end?????????

Lew

Lew L said:
Hi Kelly,
I'm using 6061-T6 Aluminum. It machines well( espcially when I remember to use a quality cutting fluid). I fitted my prototype on the Max an hour ago and it does look much,much better than that wonderful piece of heavy black pipe that Yamaha uses.
If I knew how to post pictures I would:confused2:

Didn't I make you a bar end?????????

Lew
How to post a picture can be found in the FAQ here: http://www.vmaxforum.net/faq.php?faq=new_faq_item#faq_how_to_post

Latest posts

Back