2nd Gen VMAX My Dream Bike

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mordicant

Reaction score
VMax Year
Wanted one for many years now I've got me a Gen2. (happy happy joy joy.
Lot of OTEC eye candy on it and in 2 weeks I get a Dynojet flashing treatment after I decat the bike and do the airbox mod.
I'll report back how many HP I get from the tuning :cool:
2021-07-04 14.08.29.jpg2021-06-25 16.42.20.jpg

Like the bike but hate the windscreen.
I also like the bike better naked but since it's my commuter (150km daily in Dutch weather) the windshield is very convenient :cool: anyways I like this one better than most others. I like the OEM boulevard shield even better but the prices for that one are insane. 1625908896905.png

I kinda like the wind screen, gives it a mean bad ass look from the side. I’m not sure which one I have on my new to me 2012 but I think I like yours more. Good luck with it and congratulations, very nice bike.

Nice. Looks dropped an inch up front. Is the rear lowered too?
Also, is that green thing a coolant sight glass?
I only have this bike for a few weeks now and I'm still discovering it. and now you mentioning it...😳 .. damn you are right! It looks like the fork is dropped 2 cm or something.. That explains why I can get my feet so easily on the ground while others complain the bike is too high 😜
And indeed The bike has OTEC windows on both sides.. Lot of nifty eye candy on it. 2021-06-17 13.49.41.jpg

That OTEC peekaboo covers are neat. I also noticed you've got the tuning forks emblem on the intakes. Mine is also an '09 but my intakes have the old Star emblem. Wonder if that's another mod.

That OTEC peekaboo covers are neat. I also noticed you've got the tuning forks emblem on the intakes. Mine is also an '09 but my intakes have the old Star emblem. Wonder if that's another mod.
I think the Star emblem is typical US and the Yamaha forks typical for the European market?

The prior owner really cleaned up the back fender area of your bike. You should post some shots from the rear.
I put the same drop in my fork trees and backed off all rear (and front) suspension settings to the minimum on my 2nd Gen. ...Feel a bit cramped when I switch over to my 1997 V-max.

The prior owner really cleaned up the back fender area of your bike. You should post some shots from the rear.
I put the same drop in my fork trees and backed off all rear (and front) suspension settings to the minimum on my 2nd Gen. ...Feel a bit cramped when I switch over to my 1997 V-max.
I replaced the duo seat with a cover myself the rear was indeed already tidy. I like it
2021-07-10 16.53.15.jpg

Latest posts

Back