My factory front wheel all cut up......

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

customizedcreationz

Reaction score
Here is my front wheel I removed the inner strip around the middle of the wheel and made it one large spoke instead of one interupted one.

Here I started and forgot to take before pictures. So I have some of it already cut.
IMAG0977.jpg

Here it is with it all roughed out.

IMAG0978.jpg

Next I have it all benched and ready to strip.

IMAG0980.jpg

IMAG0981.jpg

Almost ready for powder coating.

IMAG0983.jpg

Here it is fresh out of the oven before I pulled out the plugs and tape off it.

IMAG0984.jpg

New Shinko front tire mounted ( yes I mounted it backwards the first time and had to remove it and reinstall it ! DOH!!! :bang head: ).

IMAG0985.jpg

100% installed ( used 1.25 oz of air soft bb's for balancing it ).

IMAG1004-1.jpg

And a final picture of the entire bike all cleaned up and ready to go.

Vmax7-20-2012.jpg

Thanks
Todd

That is nice. I ran this past Kyle earlier and could not find a donor wheel cheap to try it on. 1.25 Oz to balance it huh?! Ouch. I might have tried grinded some more on the heavy side or tried moving the tire some. Looks as good on the bike as I thought it would! I must say you are a "go Getter" with projects for your bike CC. Keep em' coming.

Todd, You're Friggin Amazing... Keep this up, there'll be a TV Show about your Vmax Creations... If you need somebody to assist on the show, I'm available. We could argue all the time when "On Screen". :rofl_200: It'd be way better than Paul, Pauly and Mikey....

I like the look, it is reminiscent of the '80's Yamahas w/smaller engines. I have thought about what type of lightening I might try to a Kosman rear I have. That sucker is heavy!

I cut my first front wheel on my 86 around 2007. I did another for a customer. It's just a good cheap alternative to a aftermarket wheel. I saw this on another vmax around 2000 and it always stuck in my head as a good cheap idea.

I had about three hours invested into the work on my wheel. Includimg the powder coat.

Thanks
Todd

They end up looking much like the Fazer front wheel when they are done.

Back