My first dyno run

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hypermax

Reaction score
There was a portable Dyno at a bike show I went to today so I gave it a try.

UFO 4-2 megaphones/2.5 outlets
Dyna 3000 standard curve
stock airbox and filter
152 mains
needles shimmed .28
pilots 2.5
V boost ON

112.56 hp
73.75 torque

Harley guys were not used to a V 4 screaming at 9500 rpm!

Attachments

• scan0005.jpg
    scan0005.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 81
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 42
Good numbers....I picked up almost 2 hp going to the dyna curve #2. Do you have a printout of your A/f mixture? That can tell you where you need to go in the future...if you wanna do this again.

Good numbers....I picked up almost 2 hp going to the dyna curve #2. Do you have a printout of your A/f mixture? That can tell you where you need to go in the future...if you wanna do this again.

No A/F ( they have the ability, but they had bikes lined up, and extra cost)
I have the latest Dyna that uses curvemaker software that I have not played with yet.

i think it is little low having a full exhaust setup. stock V-max's usually run 115-119 hp. you should talk to Sean. he could help you with setting the carbs with a kit. it is in reach to have 125 hp with little money

I have seen stock bikes running from 105-119 HP based on posts here and in the major magazines. There are two shops close to me who have dynos, Dyno-Jet 250's. I got ~110 on a stock bike I have owned for 21 years, no A-F ratio, just 3 pulls.

From what readers here are posting, I think a stock bike is lower than what Mr. Bollas expects. You really need to compare one bike to another on the same dyno, or to have one guy run the two bikes at the same track at the same time, to extrapolate a HP reading from e.t. and MPH.

Sean Morley is the person on here who probably has the most experience w/VMax dyno runs.

And, be-sure to explain to your Harley friends that your technology is really early 1980's bike engineering, and that they will be spending $$$ to get their V-twins into your output range. Sure, a 600 sportbike today can make the same HP as a VMax, and will be 200 lbs. lighter, but they cannot launch as-hard as you can.

I have seen stock bikes running from 105-119 HP based on posts here and in the major magazines. There are two shops close to me who have dynos, Dyno-Jet 250's. I got ~110 on a stock bike I have owned for 21 years, no A-F ratio, just 3 pulls.

From what readers here are posting, I think a stock bike is lower than what Mr. Bollas expects. You really need to compare one bike to another on the same dyno, or to have one guy run the two bikes at the same track at the same time, to extrapolate a HP reading from e.t. and MPH.

Sean Morley is the person on here who probably has the most experience w/VMax dyno runs.

And, be-sure to explain to your Harley friends that your technology is really early 1980's bike engineering, and that they will be spending $$$ to get their V-twins into your output range. Sure, a 600 sportbike today can make the same HP as a VMax, and will be 200 lbs. lighter, but they cannot launch as-hard as you can.

you are right with hp numbers for a stock bike. i would expect a stock bike with dyna 3000 and full header system that will be slightly over 120.

Yes, from what #'s people have posted here and elsewhere, I believe your claim. I have had my own issues w/running a VMax on a dyno. I am not likely to return to one. http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=21873&highlight=dyno+dilemma

I currently have a Dyna CDI box and a UFO 4/1 w/Dyno-Jet Stage 7 induction, & COP's on an otherwise-stock engined bike. I'm just gonna ride & enjoy it.

you are right with hp numbers for a stock bike. i would expect a stock bike with dyna 3000 and full header system that will be slightly over 120.

Latest posts

Back