my First Post On VmaxForum!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AussieV

Reaction score
Hi All,

This is my first post here so please be gentle :) . Great to be here on your excellent pages! I had my first ride on a current model Vmax the other day at a Yamaha ride day here in Sydney Australia. Of course, I was blown away with everything about the bike and can't wait to put my money down with our friendly Yamy dealer.

I really don't need to be sold on the bike any more after my ride. As if all the positive reviews on the web weren't enough the ride just sealed the deal. I haven't read many negative things at all about Vmax (except the small tank range). I've read the recalls section but I just wanted to ask you guys if there are any other 'unresolved' issues with Vmax I should be made aware of before I buy. Anything at all - from major stuff to little niggly items - if any. Just so I'm prepared. I'd be very appreciative of any info.

Many thanks. AussieV.

Hey, welcome to the club! You sure won't regret your buy, or joining us here :)

So far you've hit the main problem with the GenII Max (common with the GenI), namely the ridiculous tank range. The motor went from 1200cc to 1760cc, but the tank stayed the same size! And it was too small for the GenI already lol

Other than that, there have been a couple of recalls by Yam on the early models, but if you're buying an '11 or '12 model it should be sorted already.

Shame you're on the other side of the continent, or I'd happily come riding on my (soon to arrive) '00 Gen I..

happy riding!

nG

Thanks for the welcome NG - yeah, a ride together would have been good! Cheers, Aus.

Last edited:
Welcome to the Forum. Hope you and G can hook for a ride "Down Under"...:clapping:

30tndyo.gif

welcome, post some pics when you get the bike, we'd love to see them for sure

Latest posts

Back