My forth neck rake

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have no experience at raking a front end but I doubt I would do it that way. Having done four, I'm sure you are confident in your results but I don't think I could have gotten enough material welded back into place around all that tubing. I might be tempted to plasma cut off the head tube, remove material with a Joint jigger from the top to lay back the head tube and tack and weld and possibly gusset from there if need be. Your cojones are bigger than mine friend.
Thanks for posting it.

Many necks are only connected with the tubing. The plates that are added over those is a lot of strength and I don't really see an issue with the way that was done.

I've done a fair bit of fabrication and while I've never personally raked one I gotta agree with Sean as it looks plenty strong to me.

sent from my HTC Rezound using tapatalk

I just don't see how he is getting a bead welded anywhere other than on the exterior of everything. Of course I've been known to slam a front end down on an over exuberant wheelie before. Like I said, I've never done one, he has four under his belt. It's obviously working for him.
Only raking I'm doing is leaves.

I just don't see how he is getting a bead welded anywhere other than on the exterior of everything. Of course I've been known to slam a front end down on an over exuberant wheelie before. Like I said, I've never done one, he has four under his belt. It's obviously working for him.
Only raking I'm doing is leaves.

It`s welded inside and outsinde and also on two different step under the neck, outside reenforcement plates are`nt there on pics.

And yes it could be slam, just like original built with bad wheelie:bang head:

My Vmax going good since 25,000Km with that

Back