My FrankenMax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crynool

Reaction score
Hey,

FrankenMax -> Frankensteins Monster. :)

Does this count as harassment?

1601653934944.png

That looks like an aftermarket sissybar, and the luggage rack appears to be the Cyrano de Bergerac edition. It appears functional. You know, the load rating for the OEM rack is something like 8 lbs.

I like that the saddlebags cover that really swoopy rear fender. Would you post more side shots?

Will post pictures later. One of the reasons was, my previous (nice) Saddlebags got some damage because there was no Saddlebag Support.

The Saddlebag Support I could get was so ugly, so I was looking for alternatives.

Last weekend I got some hard saddlebags for a cruiser. I'm curious how they will look like on the VMax

Yesterday, I realized some noise in the front area, like when the head stem bearing has some play.

I saw this:

1602431327930.png

1602431357083.png

But should be like this:

1602431380653.png

I can imagine (will check today) that there is not enough preload on the springs, so when I pull the front brake and move the bike back and forth, that this noise comes from there.
Btw, 4 should be standard setting, for me it is '6'.

Turns out I have some play in one of the forks. Might be something for warranty

I adjusted it, but the noise was still there, so I stripped everything off, removed the wheel and had some play in the right fork leg.

I could replace the bushings by myself, but why should I?

Latest posts

Back