My good enough 1st kill - S 1000 RR

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OT10_279

Reaction score
Now I may get a lot of flack for this but I'm still grinning ear to ear. A very capable adversary the BMW S 1000 RR. He pulled a fast roll before I realized what was going on. I downed a gear and evenually shifted up to run parallel with him.

We later pulled a 1st gear roll on from a stop light (mind you this is my first real power struggle in 1st gear - holy makerel ) threw I don't know what gear for just over three quarters of a block. I pulled him, not much, but I did it. Damn, that Beamers fast.

realistically on the street man i think the gen 2 is king for now.

i dunno about you man but i dont do any racin around 200 mph.

all of my racing is stoplight to stoplight

i havent been beat yet /shrug

2 busas in town both respected my gen 1 and they dont know about my gen 2 yet

i bet a geared down sport bike that was lowered would be a good race, but if it was geared down it would just wheelie too easy, they couldnt even give it half throttle theyd be slippin the clutch so bad. my magnas were like that too. they had to be revd to make any power.

my friend rides with me all the time and he has an r6 and when hes cruising- 4-6k rpm, its only makin 25 horsepower its basically a scooter, a vmax at 6k rpm is screaming

It's actually 170 at the rear wheel and doesn't have the torque of the Vmax = WINNER ;) Good job! :) I bested a K 1300GT, but it too was faster than i thought..

Doh, just realized this was the Gen2 forum. (Found this thread on the 'New Posts' page.)

OK, I can see getting him for a bit before he gets the BMW wound up. However, there's some stock-motored s1000rr's on youtube running 8.5 second 1/4s. If the race goes on very long, I'm afraid we'll all be smelling German sauerkraut. :biglaugh:

It's actually 170 at the rear wheel and doesn't have the torque of the Vmax = WINNER ;) Good job! :) I bested a K 1300GT, but it too was faster than i thought..
The 2nd Gen Vmax is around that to the wheel and the Beemer has less than 200lbs on it. Anything can happen on the street but I don't think the guy with the BMW was giving it all you give it.

That bike has been decimating the competition on tracks/straights. The only thing that may come close to it is the new ZX10R for the litre class. The Busa gets closest after that, but it's got some CCs on it.

Thumbs up.

i havent been beat yet /shrug

2 busas in town both respected my gen 1 and they dont know about my gen 2 yet

i bet a geared down sport bike that was lowered would be a good race, but if it was geared down it would just wheelie too easy, they couldnt even give it half throttle theyd be slippin the clutch so bad. my magnas were like that too. they had to be revd to make any power.

my friend rides with me all the time and he has an r6 and when hes cruising- 4-6k rpm, its only makin 25 horsepower its basically a scooter, a vmax at 6k rpm is screaming
One of these days we should meet up. I have a 200rwhp NA ZX12R that I'd like to give it a go vs the Gen2. It'd be a friendly thing...I don't really race and have taken out everyone without going WOT. I'm just curious what a Gen2 would be like against it.

The R6s are probably one of the worst bikes for the street (light to light) which is interesting why I see some many of them around. Torqueless and off the line worthless unless you hit the higher RPMs. Awesome track bikes though.

I've ridden a Gen2 and at some point I'll upgrade from the Gen1. I kind of like the Gen1 looks better though and my wife is due for a bike (probably Ducati Monster). Not enough room in the garage for the toys. :bang head:

Not to split hairs, but Brock has a stock S1000RR at 183 hp. As you know, that's more than the Max is putting down (stock), and the Max weighs mucho, mucho more. As you mentioned, the Max still wins the torque battle, and that's not even close.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7_4lUwrOCk

ya but you cant trust a dyno unless you have both bikes on the sa,me dyno same day. everyone uses sae correction factors...
the max prolly made the exact same peak on that dyno but hit the peak at 3krpm instead of 13k

i wanna see it on the STREET !!! lol

they even say in the video that it sucks at low rpm...

i dunno about you guys but i dont have any mile long streets in my town with no stoplights and a 200 mph speed limit : /

however we do have a bypass. its a perfect qrtr mile or so with a 45 mph limit but thats ok... its ok to speed as long as you dont run the next light. :D

come on you guys have some faith even yamaha said the vmax design was to capture the essence of acceleration and shake the ground power.

Has there been a stock vmax that has gotten into the 9's yet? Last time I checked not even Victor Gotay or Pee Wee Gleason were able to do it.

actually i think peewee on a modded on only got a 9.7?

edit: 9.51 @143mph

Lee (SmokinZx14) turning a 9.87 on Bob (Bad_Max)'s Vmax at 136mph on a street tire. He also rode Tim's Vmax to a 9.74 matching a run By Jay Gleasons time on Bob's bike of 9.74. Not bad for a basically stock everyday rider.

wait bad max... dont we know that guy??

Has there been a stock vmax that has gotten into the 9's yet? Last time I checked not even Victor Gotay or Pee Wee Gleason were able to do it.

My buddies went high 9's stock. Its now going 9.40 with a pipe and Monster Air kit.
PeeWee has gone 9.30 on one with a few bolt ons. The magazines had the BMW in the high nines. They have laid down some quick times since then but all those bikes are stretched lowered and geared. On the street the VMax can beat up and embarrass a lot of bikes...... even some that would be faster under different circumstances.

vmax for the win!

come on guys how can u say no to that

Attachments

• yamaha-vmax.jpg
    yamaha-vmax.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 49

Latest posts

Back