my home work .... windshield

Yamaha Star V-Max VMAX Motorcycle Discussion Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

sider

Reaction score
And no. The arlen ness is very bssic. Cookie cutter. This is art!
Thank you, your words fill me with pride. For me this is passion, love and the desire to create unique details. Thank you very much...

Jgas

Reaction score
I bet not . Powdered stone is easy to press. But very heavy and sticky so the molds must be near perfect and very strong for repeated tampings. I really enjoyed the finish work it was like sculpting with trowel scalpel and spoon. The real art was moldmaking! Thinking inside out and backwsrds! Hell i cant even spell backwards apparently!

sider

Reaction score
I bet not . Powdered stone is easy to press. But very heavy and sticky so the molds must be near perfect and very strong for repeated tampings. I really enjoyed the finish work it was like sculpting with trowel scalpel and spoon. The real art was moldmaking! Thinking inside out and backwsrds! Hell i cant even spell backwards apparently!
Yes, when you have to make adjustments on the mold, it is not at all easy to be able to work in reverse, but in this as in many other small things there is the difference between what can be achieved Industrially, and what can only be created by hand. Art has many forms and is not found only in museums

Jgas

Reaction score
The best art is still rolling! On 2 wheels! And 4. I just sold a 69 buick skylark. It was kinda funky...art deco in a muscle car. I have a 1979 kawasaki kdx 250. Previous owner was also enthusiast for bikes. It has several homedesigned parts. I just love this stuff!

Jgas

Reaction score
I like it. Kinda modern. Kinda retro cafe racer. Will they be one off or mass produced? Or somewhere between?

sider

Reaction score
I like it. Kinda modern. Kinda retro cafe racer. Will they be one off or mass produced? Or somewhere between?
[/CITAZIONE]

Thank you so much. I don't know if it could be produced in a small series, first of all because the mold I made is not that of the finished fairing, which is the first master modified. Consequently, I would have to remake a new mold. In addition to this problem, there is the problem of the difficulty of working in such a small and inaccessible mold, and an even bigger problem, There are necessary changes to be made, such as replacing the steering wheel with half-handlebars, and replacing the right control block, with one with accelerator cable attachment, in the upper part. I'm not even sure if you can use the original instrumentation, because I had already changed it before starting to build the windshield (Due to the mounting of the front rim Fjr). In short, if we wanted to make it in a small series, we would not speak of a single fairing, but of an entire conversion kit. I forgot: To have more space, I also replaced the.brake pump and clutch pump, as well as the throttle cables which must be clearly shortened, or as I did, totally replaced. Unfortunately this is the price to pay to get what you were talking about, that is, a lean and tight line. If I finally succeed tomorrow to have the front fender, I will take some videos and photos for the finished work, so you can notice the details I'm talking about

sider

Reaction score
From these photos you can see the two brake and clutch master cylinders replaced with two lower ones and with lateral connection thread, and much more complicated, the two guides for the accelerator cables. Probably This problem can be solved with a control block with the two connections at the top, but for now I preferred to keep the original controls

Attachments

Latest posts