My latest purchase

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptainKyle

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well here is my 89 I picked up last night. Its been sitting a while & needs a little work. I am not sure what I am gonna do with it yet as I dont seem to keep any thing. The paint is not as great as it looks in the pictures. I might just fix it & take the supertraps,sportmax seat & tail off & sell it. I guess time will tell.

Attachments

• 89 flame Vmax 003.jpg
    89 flame Vmax 003.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 80
  • 89 flame Vmax 004.jpg
    89 flame Vmax 004.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 67
  • 89 flame Vmax 005.jpg
    89 flame Vmax 005.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 81
  • 89 flame Vmax 006.jpg
    89 flame Vmax 006.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 60
Looks cool. '89 is the best year, don't you know. Oh wait, I can't say that anymore.

With all do respect Sir please forgive my ingnorance but, I would dare to say you just mistyped the first digit from "89" as its supouse to be "99" :rofl_200:

see, and here i thought he got the numbers backwards and meant 98'......:rofl_200::rofl_200:

LMAO ! The price was right so i bought it. It will most likely end up with another set of body work on it.

I've always wanted to get another fixer upper, but I am SO anal when it comes to my toys that I spend WAY to much money on them, and the little niggles still drive me nuts.

I've done two in the past, but I got sick of the issues and the bike never being what I needed/wanted it to be.

Chris

I've always wanted to get another fixer upper, but I am SO anal when it comes to my toys that I spend WAY to much money on them, and the little niggles still drive me nuts.

I've done two in the past, but I got sick of the issues and the bike never being what I needed/wanted it to be.

Chris
I just buy them and sell them except for my 85 its here to stay. I think I am gonna sell the tail piece ,supertraps & sportmax seat & put stock stuff on it & a little cleaning & ship it. Need to save money for a GEN 2 .LOL

I just buy them and sell them except for my 85 its here to stay. I think I am gonna sell the tail piece ,supertraps & sportmax seat & put stock stuff on it & a little cleaning & ship it. Need to save money for a GEN 2 .LOL

I'd agree with that... That tail piece does nothing for me, and you lose a place for a passenger which for some is huge.

The ST's sound good though. I don't know if I'd remove those.

I'd agree with that... That tail piece does nothing for me, and you lose a place for a passenger which for some is huge.

The ST's sound good though. I don't know if I'd remove those.
I kind of like the tailpiece but the bike really needs to be lowered with it on there. I like supertrapps to but lets face it when selling a bike you get very little for the accessories I have found that I make better money selling that stuff seperate & the bike pretty much stock. I was gonna save the tail piece for my next project but I dont get to work on my stuff that much because I always have some one elses here or am parting out things.

I just don't like that it uses the stock tail light assembly.

I thought the sound alone would help sell the bike. ST's are that expensive anyway.

Chris

I just don't like that it uses the stock tail light assembly.

I thought the sound alone would help sell the bike. ST's are that expensive anyway.

Chris
We will play it by ear. I wont even have a chance to touch it for a week or so. Every one just noticed the weather was nice this week & wants there bikes fixed now.

That's a cool lookin'hot rod brother with a lot of potential! Clean that bad boy up and buff out the paint ! :biglaugh: Mike

I have a standing offer to help but I guess Kyle doesn't want to be part of my misadventures.:rofl_200: I can understand that. I have friends that offer to help but I have, My Way and It's the Only Way....:ummm:

With as Dorked up as my life and schedule are right now, I probably couldn't be there at the right times to be a great deal of help. Wish it was a little closer than 19 miles away.

Latest posts

Back