My LED Lights.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pighuntingpuppy

Reaction score
Finished with the last of my LED upgrades tonight.

Headlight: H4 High Performance LED Fog Lamp bulbs. 2000Lm Low/4000Lm High. 6000K Cool White. IP65 water and dust proof.

Dash Lights: #74 red LEDs from SuperbrightLEDs.com

Tail lights....Wish I could tell you where I got them but I cannot remember. 1157 style with rapid blink stop. 2.jpg 3.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 8.jpg 11.jpg 22583.jpg 14.jpg 16.jpg

So cool is the L.E.D. technology. My first application was bulbs alone with a multi flash (Back Off) module wired into the circuit, now its integrated in the bulb. My $12.60 L.E.D. bulb with high/low beam had an audible cooling fan, but worked well. I see now they just have a little finned heat sink.
Super bright, hardly any draw, can't beat'em.

So cool is the L.E.D. technology. My first application was bulbs alone with a multi flash (Back Off) module wired into the circuit, now its integrated in the bulb. My $12.60 L.E.D. bulb with high/low beam had an audible cooling fan, but worked well. I see now they just have a little finned heat sink.
Super bright, hardly any draw, can't beat'em.

LED bulbs, synthetic oils, all wonderful things for a motorcycle. Here is my LED bulbs in action.

Still sorting out my bike I bought about a month ago. I went with a daymaker style headlight on mine. Definately a major improvement and has a good look too. Not sure where I'm going with the rest of my lighting. I like the look of your red instrument lights. They look great!

nug.jpg

Headlight: H4 High Performance LED Fog Lamp bulbs. 2000Lm Low/4000Lm High. 6000K Cool White. IP65 water and dust proof.

Tail lights....Wish I could tell you where I got them but I cannot remember. 1157 style with rapid blink stop.

Sweet yo.

Can you tell me specifically which LEDs the #74 you got were?
Are they are the single led, or multiple?

**EDIT- Oh, I see it now.. the multi.

Thanks,
T.

That's some hella 20 Hundred pc. box of McNuggets , BTW.. ;) (Yea, I'll be that guy today)

Last edited:
That's some hella 20 Hundred pc. box of McNuggets , BTW.. ;) (Yea, I'll be that guy today)

Old moving box turned parts storage box, LOL.

The #74 bulbs I got have 3 LEDS on them. One at the top and 1 on each side. I havent ridden the bike in the dark yet to see how they work out in the boons. In the garage though with the headlight bleeding back, I like the look, the illumination and the clarity. Later tonight, I will know if I like them in the absolute dark.

Old moving box turned parts storage box, LOL.

The #74 bulbs I got have 3 LEDS on them. One at the top and 1 on each side. I havent ridden the bike in the dark yet to see how they work out in the boons. In the garage though with the headlight bleeding back, I like the look, the illumination and the clarity. Later tonight, I will know if I like them in the absolute dark.

Thanks,
Yea, I went to their site and comparing your pic to their options, I narrowed it down. I would assume the single "upfacing" leds may not light up the "entire gage" like the ol' incandescents with their 360 deg illumination, which is why the ones with LED on top and on the sides help for this application.. Anyhoo..I did place me an order for a few myself.

I've read older threads where people have upgraded to the LEDs, and I've read that some were annoyingly bright at night time. cant recall off top of me head exactly which bulbs/from where/and what color (or how many LEDs per "bulb") they were in those threads I've read. I reckon we'll see.

*BTW, Now you gotta change your avatar photo... ;)

Thanks,

T.

Attachments

• 22583.jpg
    22583.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
0708192322.jpg 0708192325.jpg 0708192325a.jpg 0708192325b.jpg 0708192325c.jpg

1st Picture....LED illumination with overhead LED street lights.
2cd Picture....Brightness on a completely dark road.
3rd Picture.....Tried going for clarity on the dark road.
4th Picture....LED Headlamp low beam on road.
5th Picture....LED Headlamp high beam on road.

I personally dont find the dash lights too bright. As you pass under any street light, you will see the dash display get washed out. So for me, its great the way it is. Just my taste though.

Tail lights....Wish I could tell you where I got them but I cannot remember. 1157 style with rapid blink stop. View attachment 69693 View attachment 69694 View attachment 69695 View attachment 69696 View attachment 69697 View attachment 69698 View attachment 69699 View attachment 69700 View attachment 69701
Where did you get the finned base and wiring for the headlight, followed the thread and I only see the actual light type. Thanks looks great!

Where did you get the finned base and wiring for the headlight, followed the thread and I only see the actual light type. Thanks looks great!

The light came like that. The heat sink is part of the light. There is a small ballast that comes with the lamps and the connector is plug and play. The whole assembly fits into the bucket nicely. There is no name brand on the box and the way I typed it is what it said exactly on the box. The box is green and white.

I'm still building my bike and have trouble finding some pieces. Can someone recommend me some LED bulbs?

Good luck with that, buddy. I have the same issue with the LEDs from my tail lights, and it's a waste of time. It takes forever to find a good mechanic and the needed part. I've checked the local dealerships to see if I could order it, but since my bike is a bit old, I can't find anything suitable. I wish replacing the tail light could be as easy as replacing a bulb in the house. Last week I ordered it, and today a box packed with smart LED light bulbs is on my porch. Energy and time savers with many functions and voice commands. As for the bike, I'm still searching for the tail light; you should check out dealerships in your area.

Last edited:
Sean Morley should be able to fix you up [email protected]

These guys offer a lot of good quality electrical components. Just adding a relay to the headlight helps it quite a bit. Want to add additional accessories? Use their fuse block kits.

https://easternbeaver.com/
Adding your location and what bike you have, including the year, below your screen name/avatar, helps to get you correct info on any questions and possibly nearby help.

Back