My Mark's Exhaust

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ninjaneer

Reaction score
Well I ordered me a set yesterday. I figured I'd start a thread to document the whole experience from ordering to final tuning. Hopefully, this won't have any "HELP ME" posts, but if it does, then so be it for the betterment of the forum.
smiley-excited002.gif

First off let me tell you that Mr. Mark is one heck of a guy and is as good as the guy that everyone else has described him to be. No question is beneath him and no idea is above him. Very easy to talk with--simply good people he is. I simply, to the best of my ability, explained to him what I was looking for and whether or not a certain option would get me there; and he explained to me what would be best suited to my pleasures and clearly stated the effect of each option. I'dve placed my order a couple days ago, but I kept on forgetting to call him at 8am PST (I recall someone saying that 8 am his time is the best time to get a hold of him). I'd try to get a hold of him around 12pm or 3pm PST, but with no joy. The last time I missed him, I set a reminder in all of my calendars to go off at 12pm EST. Man, I'm a dork. When it came time, or at least what I thought was "the time", to settle payment, Mark simply said, "I'll enclose an invoice and just settle when you get them. I've had no problems with you VMax guys making your payments." So, my thanks to his clients before me for your maturity and leaving with him a positive reputation of us Maxxers; and a word for all of his future clients--make your payments so that those after you may feel as welcomed as I was.

:worthy:

So, I ordered me, or should I say my wife ordered me, or better yet, I asked Santa for a set of 4-2 SS, 14" cans, 2.25" outs, turn-down tips, and O2 sensor bungs. Should be here in 2-3 weeks. I can't wait to unwrap them Christmas morning.

:newyear0:

Last edited:
Just a quick observation here, and believe me I'm not trying to interrupt the flow of your thread but.....if you ordered some, your wife ordered some and Santa's bringing some.....won't you be needing at least 2 more v max's? :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Congrats on the decision....as Kyle (the traveller) said....yer gonna love 'em! :in love: :punk:

Sounds like I better get on board with this also. 8am pacific, have to remember that.

Your system sounds pretty much identical to what I was thinking about.

What's the deal with o2 sensor plugs? Thinking about efi? or just a a/f meter?

What's the deal with o2 sensor plugs? Thinking about efi? or just a a/f meter?

a/f meter...maybe meters. over the past several months of trying to zero in on what to do, i read some posts by i think rusty and garrett, maybe it was mike, who had bungs welded into his/their pipes. i told myself what a great idea and so i'm following suit. however, i'm the kinda guy who always has these grandiose schemes that never come to fruition. when i built my house, i ran some whole-house audio wire from every conceivable nook and cranny to a closet that i wanted an audio cabinet to sit in. well six years later, the drops for the ceiling speakers are speakerless and the in-wall audio patch panel is still empty :bang head:. so who knows if i ever will, but should i ever commit in the pieces, the bungs'll be there.

a/f meter...maybe meters. over the past several months of trying to zero in on what to do, i read some posts by i think rusty and garrett, maybe it was mike, who had bungs welded into his/their pipes. i told myself what a great idea and so i'm following suit. however, i'm the kinda guy who always has these grandiose schemes that never come to fruition. when i built my house, i ran some whole-house audio wire from every conceivable nook and cranny to a closet that i wanted an audio cabinet to sit in. well six years later, the drops for the ceiling speakers are speakerless and the in-wall audio patch panel is still empty :bang head:. so who knows if i ever will, but should i ever commit in the pieces, the bungs'll be there.

I had 6 welded in. The two after the y didn't help too much but the 4 to pinpoint each cylinders af setting at the dyno shop was helpful, esp setting them with vboost always on. Just remember to loctite your bung caps. Lost one on i-90 and no real harm (except maybe someone behind me) but the bike sounded pretty weird.

Well I ordered me a set yesterday. I figured I'd start a thread to document the whole experience from ordering to final tuning. Hopefully, this won't have any "HELP ME" posts, but if it does, then so be it for the betterment of the forum.
View attachment 24942

First off let me tell you that Mr. Mark is one heck of a guy and is as good as the guy that everyone else has described him to be. No question is beneath him and no idea is above him. Very easy to talk with--simply good people he is. I simply, to the best of my ability, explained to him what I was looking for and whether or not a certain option would get me there; and he explained to me what would be best suited to my pleasures and clearly stated the effect of each option. I'dve placed my order a couple days ago, but I kept on forgetting to call him at 8am PST (I recall someone saying that 8 am his time is the best time to get a hold of him). I'd try to get a hold of him around 12pm or 3pm PST, but with no joy. The last time I missed him, I set a reminder in all of my calendars to go off at 12pm EST. Man, I'm a dork. When it came time, or at least what I thought was "the time", to settle payment, Mark simply said, "I'll enclose an invoice and just settle when you get them. I've had no problems with you VMax guys making your payments." So, my thanks to his clients before me for your maturity and leaving with him a positive reputation of us Maxxers; and a word for all of his future clients--make your payments so that those after you may feel as welcomed as I was.
:worthy:

So, I ordered me, or should I say my wife ordered me, or better yet, I asked Santa for a set of 4-2 SS, 14" cans, 2.25" outs, turn-down tips, and O2 sensor bungs. Should be here in 2-3 weeks. I can't wait to unwrap them Christmas morning.
:newyear0:
You are going to love these pipes. Not too loud, but they'll hear ya comming.I like them more every time I ride.
Steve-o

Re: My Mark's Exhaust (Gaskets ?)

I had asked Mark, if he could enclose some exhaust gaskets so that I could save what it would've costed me in shipping if I had bought the gaskets elsewhere. He said he normally doesn't do this, but he'd look into it. Remember, that nice guy comment I posted?
So in case I have to go buy gaskets, I need to know the part numbers and quantity. I think I will be needing 4x of 3GD-14613-00-00 (#1 and #26 in fiche). Is this correct? How 'bout 1FK-14613-00-00 (#5 in fiche)? Will I be needing it as well? If so, how many? 1? 2? Are there any other gaskets I am missing?

Last edited:

I had asked Mark, if he could enclose some exhaust gaskets so that I could save what it would've costed me if I had bought the gaskets elsewhere. He said he normally doesn't do this, but he'd look into it. Remember, that nice guy comment I posted?
So in case I have to go buy gaskets, I need to know the part numbers and quantity. I think I will be needing 4x of 3GD-14613-00-00 (#1 and #26 in fiche). Is this correct? How 'bout 1FK-14613-00-00 (#5 in fiche)? Will I be needing it as well? If so, how many? 1? 2? Are there any other gaskets I am missing?

I'm watching this.... sounds like the system I might want. :biglaugh:
I'm on the fence between one like yours, and a UFO dual megaphone one (with the small outlets).

The UFO mufflers look better, and Marks headers look better. :ummm:

re the gaskets. You won't need any of #5 methinks.

just 4 of the 1/26 part numbers. the other ones are used for the oem headers which have a small pieceof header easy to bolt in then clamped into the rest of the system.

I'm watching this.... sounds like the system I might want. :biglaugh:
I'm on the fence between one like yours, and a UFO dual megaphone one (with the small outlets).

The UFO mufflers look better, and Marks headers look better. :ummm:

i know your predicament. i like the look of UFO mufflers, too, but not as much as i love the sound of the Marks.

re the gaskets. You won't need any of #5 methinks.
just 4 of the 1/26 part numbers. the other ones are used for the oem headers which have a small pieceof header easy to bolt in then clamped into the rest of the system.

Thanks guys!

Last edited:
If you want a different looking cans Mark will work with you. He makes his cans in many different conbinations but there are seemingly limitless aftermarket cans to give you the look you are looking for.
Mark is a great guy to work with and will make sure you are happy with your purchase probably before you even have to pay him! If you are not happy he will make it right and he knows how to extract performance out of his design since he was in on designing the Kerker header!

I emailed Mark and had my system on my bike 5 days later. Called him and asked him how much do I owe? He answered with "how do you like them" He must have had a set ready to go. I wasn't sure what system I wanted when they arrived at my door, but 14" cans seemed to suit me well. The deal was so sweat I had the header tubes ceramic coated by a pro.Then got them right on and never looked back. I think Mark's coating is better than the one I have. Eastman system seems like a great product too, for coating. These cans shine up like a mirror if your a blinger. The black is very nice too, so I decided to go 2 tone. Best of luck with your pipes. Ningereer.
Steve-o
I think the cans MIGHT stand up to powder coating, be close though. The inside temp might be a little too much. If I have time I'll do a spot on the H to find out. Mirror or chrome black would be sweet! I know what you're thinking Garrett..lol

i was just about to submit a pointless "i can hardly wait" post, when the phone rings. guess who? yep! good 'ol marky boy. "I've complete your pipes," he says. My heart skipped.:clapping: "Well," he continued, "except for the oxygen bungs". :wacko: Turns out that although the particular bungs that i had spec'd out were of the typical size, they are a little too big to his liking. he said he had done some before but they were smaller bungs and he didn't know exactly what the customer was trying to do. so instead of telling him to hold on for another day while i go off and figure out what to do, i just said skip it. to be quite honest, say what you will, i was just itchin' to get them here as soon as possible and didn't want anything, as trivial as it may be (like simply finding smaller sensors for example), to hold them up. granted i'll have to "stew on them for the next month" as mark said, because the wife won't let me install them until Christmas morning; but just to have the wife be able to gift wrap them...**sigh**... :rofl_200:anyways i figured:

1. i don't have the cash for an afr meter(s) setup at the moment or will have anytime soon,
  2. something like real-time afr monitoring would be just a luxury item for me--i don't HAVE to have this--welding the bungs in now was just a "while their off" kind of thing,
  3. i can simply just go old school, use maleko's "stumbling" method and/or read the plugs as tedious as it may be, and
  4. if i ever do have the coin lying around to invest in an afr setup, i can simply just go off, figure out what the proper materials are and deal with bung welding then

so in short, the pipes are D-O-N-E done! he's boxing them up as i type and should be at my doorstep in about 5 days.

i can hardly wait
Dancing%20Monkey.gif

Mark worked for Kerker back in the 80's and one of the designs he worked on was the V-max. His pipes don't work just because he got lucky. He is very knowledgable in design.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• PC250364.jpg
    PC250364.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 128
  • monkey-santa.jpg
    monkey-santa.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 125
Very nice, and you will love em! Nothing better than the Christmas monkey! Sooooo, you gonna put them on today?

Latest posts

Back