my mods..what do ya think?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

terrywilliams

Reaction score
Hi all,
I posted my 94 I purchased a month or so ago.... well heres a few pics of what i did to the pure stock baby.... what a deal I got with only 8K miles... what do you guys think so far?

the last pic is what I started with.... Terry:clapping:

Attachments

• vmax1.jpg
    vmax1.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 125
  • vmax2.jpg
    vmax2.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 99
  • vmax3.jpg
    vmax3.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 102
  • vmax4.jpg
    vmax4.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 99
  • 100_0799.JPG
    100_0799.JPG
    166.3 KB · Views: 110
Hi all,
I posted my 94 I purchased a month or so ago.... well heres a few pics of what i did to the pure stock baby.... what a deal I got with only 8K miles... what do you guys think so far?

the last pic is what I started with.... Terry:clapping:

You've been shopping at Roger's :punk: It looks great!

Yep... his fabricated parts are great... had a custom painter match the paint up beautifully... also put drag bars from Python, shifter light, bar end mirrors, vboost switch to turn it on at 3K, chrome led rear turn signals, flush chrome led front turn signals (see on fairing), led read taillight (need to post another pic to show it), chrome reservoir caps, and a few other little things... I've been busy as it's been too darn cold to ride lately.. even in NW Florida... hell snow the other day.... what the heck is with that?

Now you just need a yellow Muscle seat to match. Check out the pics I have on facebook (I have a lot of seat pics on the main website but I have a yellow seat you might like pictured in the seat folder on the facebook site).

Sean

NICE JOB ! ... CHANGE THE SEAT , YOU'LL BE GLAD THAT YOU DID , BUT NOT A CORBIN THOUGH ! ... :punk:

Yeah... Looks great!

Change the seat up... (please God not yellow) and it'll top it off...

Chris

While you're at it, do the "crimp fix". There's a tutorial on vmaxoutlaw, on my 97 it raised the running voltage nearly a full volt, from an iffy 12.8 to 13.6. It's easy and takes maybe 30 min. Typically the older the bike, the more it helps. That and an sealed Odysee battery(Panasonic makes a cheaper alternative some people here had had luck with) and your electrical system will be happy for years to come.

People here don't seem to like the dynojet stage 1 kit, works good for me though. Plus, I get 41-42 mpg cruising at 75 with 116 rhp.

An aluminum fan blade and manual fan switch will greatly help keep temperatures down. Mine never rises past half way on the gauge.

Off to a good start! The Max's couple quirks can be overcome to make a great bike virtually perfect.

Those aluminum fan blades aren't worth their price in aluminum.

Mine doesn't run above half either. Just make sure you keep the rad fluid up to date.

Chris

but it's Y E L L O W! no just kidding my 88 looked almost identical to yours when you first got it. it's my wifes favorite color, but it had to be changed... LOL
Very nice work though.

Scooter

lol... I thought that at first as I've always owned black, red or blue bikes... but I really like it.... It'a my "SuperBee"!!! Even got the matching yellow helmet, jacket, and gloves.. so when I want to play speedfreak, I ride the Max, then when I want to be a "badass", I put on the Harley jacket or vest, skid lid, and all black and cruise!! It's nice to have choices, huh? !!!

Back