My New AR-15 Upper, 45 Win Mag...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpecOps13

Reaction score
I spent several months researching the large caliber upper choices Ron Williams can do. :biglaugh:
Ron built this 45 Win Mag Upper for me over the past few weeks. He tested it with a modded
AR Mag, 230 gr Hardball and Power Pistol Powder that burns near 100% at the 16" muzzle.
I made up a couple mags from 20 round Magpul's and 30 round American Thermold's.
Can't wait for range day.. I've had one of Ron's DI-45 ACP's for some time now and it's
become my favorite centerfire AR..

I've got a strong feeling there's competition for 1st place now...
icon_smile_big.gif

45WinMag.jpg

So it's AR-style but w/a .45 chambered action? And it uses almost 15 grams of powder? So, what size (length) is the brass? It can't be ACP, 15 grams of powder would never fit into an ACP cartridge. Sorry, I am not a gunsmith. I bet that has a fair recoil w/that kind of a load.

I'd like to see a range demo where some rangemaster holds it against his crotch & lets loose w/a 3 round burst to demonstrate the lack of kickback.

Very similar to the 44 Auto Mag or 44 Magnum... Only 45 Caliber... Modest Recoil.

You should shoot my 460 S&W, It's a Mini Howitzer Handgun....

I've got a 454 casull, that's enough for me. I am very interested the the AR though.

Very good looking system! I bet that's a lot of fun to shoot!!! Let us know how range day goes!

Here's what i got to play with today. :punk:

Attachments

• P7220377.jpg
    P7220377.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 7
Ron Williams and I have worked together with his DI-45 ACP for some time now. I'd love to come visit my kids in Alaska and do a bear hunt. I realize the 45 Win Mag may not be quite enough but I'd use the 460 as primary...

This is really an experimental caliber as only 2 Uppers that I know of exist right now. Ron also is working on a 458 RMW, SOCOM Short and 50 A&E. I'll keep you guys updated as it progresses.. I love evaluating this type of weapon... 230 Grain Hardball at 1750 FPS, 97% burn in this 16" barrel...

Back