My new to me 2016

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

totalcomfort

Reaction score
Just sold my 07 a couple weeks ago and started looking hard for a 2nd gen I could afford. Everything I found was too far away or priced out of budget. Then fate stepped in when I ran into a 73 year old man that was local to me. He had a 2016 with 1700 miles that was for sale and he was asking 13k . Bike was in like new condition. We talked a while and he got to know my passion for the v max
and how I loved my 07 but just didn’t like the way it handled. We talked some more and I found he was dying of cancer and had no children. He had restored many bikes down thru the years and had several in his shop building that he showed me on his shop tour. Just a really cool guy. After the shop tour we started talking about the 2016 again and he asked me what my budget was and I told him it was not near what he was asking, he then told me to tell him what I could afford.
I told him I didn’t want to make him mad because I thought he was a really nice guy and that he might think I was just trying to low ball him. He finally said give me a figure you might be surprised. I said ok all I have is 8k but I could pay him out over the next couple months if he would do that. He told me as long as I promised not to flip the bike but keep it and use it he would let me have it for 8k.
I almost freaked out!!! Shout out to a great motorcycle guy letting me get my dream bike.

that's great, do the bike proud and do the previous owner proud, enjoy it

Wow, that's a happy and sad story.
Get his name engraved on the scoops in memory and show him.

You've got a once in a lifetime deal so a visit, say at least monthly, is the least you can do, especially as he is local.

Great find for you looking for a Gen 2. Feel sorry for him having cancer with no kids to help him out. Just bought my 16 back in August with 5500 on it. It also was like brand new. Same blue as my 14 Raider.

If he is that local try to find the time to slip in and check on him. Sounds like a great guy!

Just sold my 07 a couple weeks ago and started looking hard for a 2nd gen I could afford. Everything I found was too far away or priced out of budget. Then fate stepped in when I ran into a 73 year old man that was local to me. He had a 2016 with 1700 miles that was for sale and he was asking 13k . Bike was in like new condition. We talked a while and he got to know my passion for the v max
and how I loved my 07 but just didn’t like the way it handled. We talked some more and I found he was dying of cancer and had no children. He had restored many bikes down thru the years and had several in his shop building that he showed me on his shop tour. Just a really cool guy. After the shop tour we started talking about the 2016 again and he asked me what my budget was and I told him it was not near what he was asking, he then told me to tell him what I could afford.
I told him I didn’t want to make him mad because I thought he was a really nice guy and that he might think I was just trying to low ball him. He finally said give me a figure you might be surprised. I said ok all I have is 8k but I could pay him out over the next couple months if he would do that. He told me as long as I promised not to flip the bike but keep it and use it he would let me have it for 8k.
I almost freaked out!!! Shout out to a great motorcycle guy letting me get my dream bike.
Maybe when it warms up and I feel better we can go for a ride.

Attachments

• 20200829_075032.jpg
    20200829_075032.jpg
    258.5 KB · Views: 22
Wow, that's a happy and sad story.
Get his name engraved on the scoops in memory and show him.

You've got a once in a lifetime deal so a visit, say at least monthly, is the least you can do, especially as he is local.
Classic idea and if you can do it you make that mans day like he made yours.

Since he allowed you back in to see the CB 1100 he's working on, you might ask him to go out to dinner your treat. Is that a 1983 CB 1100F? The Suzuki GS 1100 / 1150 E & E S along with the Kawasaki GPZ 1100 and the Yamaha. FJ 1200 were all right there next to each other for performance and desirability. The Kawasaki 750 turbo was the brash upstart.

Latest posts

Back