my old cbr rat ride

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

misiek93

Reaction score
I was looking through some old pictures on my camera today when I came accross some pictures of my old CBR 900. I had the bike few years ago, I traded my jetski for it. I must say this was one of more enjoyable bikes I've owned so far. Originally it was a nice maroon color (not original), had flat slide carbs and an extended swingarm, nothing crazy 3 or 4 inches. Than one day I got this idea that it would look a lot better with no plastics and a single seat, so I got the sawsall out and started cutting things off and ended up with something a bit different (see pics) :biglaugh:. Made my own subrame out of some square tubing I got from a local menards made a battery tray out of some sheetmetal that I bent on the curb outside my house, few zip ties and a battery box was born. My brother was still learing how to weld so this was good practice for him :) I pretty much used whatever I had in my garage at the time, my turn signal mounts were the L brackets used for shelving and the speedo was mounted to a piece of a broom stick I cut off and bolted into the risers I got from who knows where, :rofl_200:and so on. It ended up being more of a rat bike than a CBR. I ended up selling the bike to some guy on CL (I still can't believe someone actually bought it). Honestly, I wouldn't mind having it again I got some intersting looks everywhere I went. Best thing is nobody could tell what it was.

Attachments

• Jet Ski 004.jpg
    Jet Ski 004.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 38
  • Jet Ski 005.jpg
    Jet Ski 005.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 38
  • Jet Ski 003.jpg
    Jet Ski 003.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 37
  • Jet Ski 002.jpg
    Jet Ski 002.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 50
  • Jet Ski 001.jpg
    Jet Ski 001.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 43
Reminds me of my ongoing FZR rat/fighter. I'll get some pics of it up here someday.

Wow, that thing is hideous!
"Mabel, move the children to the other side of the street, now!"

I agree, not the best looking but it was always the one people looked at no matter who was riding with me :biglaugh:

If it's reliable & paid-for, and you don't suffer from hubris, enjoy the ride! Kinda like this guy:

And be sure to pay-attention to what's behind it.

Attachments

• P1010206[1].jpg
    P1010206[1].jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 26

Latest posts

Back