1st Gen V-Max My salute to my friend and flat track racing

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
VMax Year
In 1995 my good friend bought this bike brand new. Sadly he passed in 97 and the bike was handed down to another close friend who got sick and let the bike sit for 8 years outside. about a year ago he called me and said I know you love vmax so the red rocket was passed on to me. He used it for long distance rides which is not my thing so I stripped it down and started rebuilding it. The bike in the 1st photo is where I am with the project in its current state of evolution. The 2nd photo is the "before" pic. I've always loved the way flat track bikes look so I thought it would be fun to create both a salute to flat track racing and my friend who died when he was just 47. After this picture was taken I removed the headlight and speedometer that will be replaced by a "47" number plate which will also be on the tailpiece which was created in fiberglass from the seat itself. (i have lots of spare parts if anyone needs them). I am anxious to see what all you Vmaxers think of my creation. Peace, Jeff Schnase, Denver, CO
max.jpgmax2.jpg

I like the seat as a plug for the rear fender, it came out great. The engine covers in mill-finish aluminum also give it a different look, as does the deleted front fender. You did a good job there. It's a good memory of your friend.

Latest posts

Back